What feature, condition or settings allow a sim or parcel owner to know what region I TP'd from?

Krillion Hax

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3879 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Simply stated as above.

What feature, condition or settings allow a sim or parcel owner to know what region I TP'd  from?

Client - LL stock viewer revision V2 exact version unknown
RLV - none

scripted obcjects worn - none
embedded scripts - none

Is it within TOS?
Is it considered proper to do without asking or announcing first?

read comments above please
I am a scripter and I also understand consent in terms of roleplay and the use of RLV
None of this aplies here. Linden Viewer = no RLV
Scripted objects worn - none
Embedded scripts - none

Thanks
Krill

===

Resolution:
Such as I thought as well. I have never been a sim "owner" so I did not understand all the finer details of what infomation the sim owner might recieve as debug info perhaps as anti griefer information. But even if that were available and used, it would be, in general, a breach of privacy. So if not that, then someone could have been using a hacked viewer.

ty

2 answers to this question

None.  There is no way to get that information unless you announce it.  Now, I can write a script for a HUD or some other attachment that you can wear to announce that information, but it would obviously have to be an object that you own.

ETA:  If you are saying that someone has given you some such object, then yes, it would fall under the general category of things meant to track your position in SL and therefore be a potential TOS violation if you were not using it knowingly.

• Like 1

One condition might be a friend or alt on the region you came from, of course.   Or a scripted device in the place from which you came, if that venue also belonged to the sim or parcel owner.   If someone has a landmark dispenser that's set to tell them when someone takes a LM and someone who's just taken an LM turns up a minute later in their shop, then it's pretty obvious where the visitor came from.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3879 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.