Does anyone know how to fix "the Certification authority for this server is not known." issue?

Tyusan Yoshikawa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3987 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Anyone know how to fix this? changing my time doesn't help and hitting trust doesn't help.

Picture below

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=166hycw&s=5

@Rolig Loon - The changing of the clock doesn't work as I posted in the question. It changes the date and time that i can log on on the error message as well. This is with all firewalls and anti viruses off.

@KarenMichelle Lane. - The error happened after i created a backup of my system so that is the only point in which i can go to. It was working just before i did the backup. After the restart it gave me the error. I have swept multiple times for viruses and malware/spyware as well as deleting the secondlife keys from my regestry before doing a clean install. I can however get on Radegast viewer however V3, Singularity and Firestorm all give me errors.

2 answers to this question

Your local network may be blocking secure logins. It's also possible (but comparatively rare) that your secure login is failing due to an incorrect date/time on your computer.

To verify, double-click the clock in the Windows taskbar (usually in the lower-right corner of the screen). On a Mac, check your Date & Time. Make sure it's not a year off! Most modern computers can set their time automatically, including daylight savings.

Be sure a firewall or Internet security isn't blocking Second Life access.

If you're on an office or university network, your network administrator may have secure logins disabled. In this case, you may not be able to use Second Life on that network connection. See Using Second Life with a firewall for more information.

You have a compromised Security Certification Authority [CA] Store on Your PC. If this issue just started ,do a System Restore or a Time Machine recovery back to a time when this was not an issue. Also, you need to sweep your PC with high quality anti-malware & anti-virus product afterwards for remnants of a Trojan Program attack.

The CA database is a common attack point these days in order for Trojan Software to slip in it's own fake CA certificates.

The other reason you can get this is if you are using a government PC behind a ":Classified" Level firewall.

EDITED

@Tyusan

OK - Things to do.

1) Get the free Sophos Root-Kit Detection & Cleaner and run it. If no root kit components are detected. If non is detected then

2) You need to have your hard drive examined with a good boot-up scanner. If the CA store was damaged at installation by a bad sector you are going to need to get this fixed.

I'll look for additional issues to look for.....

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3987 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.