Selling land usage

that Small

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3882 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am quite sure you can do this. :)

I used to live on a lifetime (mainland) parcel, the way it was done was via group contribution. I can't find useful links, but maybe this will help? It is definitely possible, unsure if it is practical and I've not done it using Viewer 2/3 (group controls there are quite crazy).

Basically you join someone elses group, and contribute your 4096m^2 allowance to their group. If the group has group-owned land (it would have to be mainland or a whole private region, as it only provides a reduction in tier), your 4096 reduces the overall tier required to pay for the parcel.

Charging a rent fee for this would be fine so far as I know, and if they didn't pay or stopped paying you could simply withdraw your 4096 contribution from the group. If they ejected you from the group, this too would end your tier contribution (allowing you to contribute it elsewhere).

you can buy a parcel that size and rent it out to somebody and get a little profit from it,  but you will stay owner.

i'm just not sure it's possible to set the land to group use so the renter could rezz his own things. All i know is that it's possible to set a Linden Home to a group so others can use it too, might work the same with your land.

It's common to set land ownership to a group, especially for commercial stores or 'communal' hang-out style places.

My old spot was a jaded artist community. Fun place, the lifetime tier was useful because we were all forgetful drifters.

You could likely advertise it in this very forum, as 'Tier Contribution - 4096m for groups', this should keep it clear enough. Explaining that you are a lifetime member will go down well also, you're not likely to run away with their L$ ;)

Good luck!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3882 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.