Advertising in-world question

P1an0man

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys I was trying to come up with some new ideas for advertising a club.  I thought it would be a neat idea to make a texture for some vehicles with the logo and such on it and drive them around where permitted.  What's the general rule for this, is this OK to do?   Was just trying to think of some different out-of-the-box ways to advertise.

thanks so much! :)

Hey guys I was trying to come up with some new ideas for advertising a club.  I thought it would be a neat idea to make a texture for some vehicles with the logo and such on it and drive them around where permitted.  What's the general rule for this, is this OK to do?   Was just trying to think of some different out-of-the-box ways to advertise.

thanks so much! :)

I question the effectiveness of this advertising method myself.  Most of the time you will not see many, if any, people on roads unless you are at a popular venue and even then I doubt people would pay any attention to it.  I think you'd be spending a lot of time with little result.  However, you would be free to do it on the mainland roads but not on private estates.

A lot of private islands with roads also have clubs and would not appreciate you advertising in their venues. 

Most private islands with roads , even if they have no club, don't want you advertising your business on their sim and potentially drawing their traffic away or disturbing their residents if non commercial. Most commercial sims ban advertising for other venues on their land unless you pay a fee for the priveledge.  It is considered bad form even if there is no specific provision against it.

A lot of the private islands with roads restrict their use to only motorcycles. 

Even if none of the above apply I would still get the owner's permission before doing it.  That would be the estate owner if the roads are estate owned, or the land owner if the land is owned by an individual or group.

You could make a vehicle that auto-runs on the mainland roads and put your ad on it :)

Or even pay Annemarie to put your ad on her auto-road-running vehicles. The problem with that is that her vehicles end up stationary and looking like rusting junk, so your ads would be seen as out of date.

Or, better still, pay someone who operates those point-to-point vehicles - the ones that actually work - to have your ads on them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.