No Lost and Found folder

PhoenixFyre76

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3887 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just started yesterday. I had a few items disappear, I was advised to look in my Lost and Found Folder, but I don't seem to have one.  I'm search the Inv and it does not show up.  Under the Gear I see an Empty Lost and Found, but nothing that would "hide" it or remove it or more importantly BRING IT BACK!   any help would be appreciated.

6 answers to this question

I just started yesterday. I had a few items disappear, I was advised to look in my Lost and Found Folder, but I don't seem to have one.  I'm search the Inv and it does not show up.  Under the Gear I see an Empty Lost and Found, but nothing that would "hide" it or remove it or more importantly BRING IT BACK!   any help would be appreciated.

If you have activated the right option in Preferences, a system folder won't appear unless it has something in it.  If your Lost & Found folder is empty, it would be invisible.  I don't know where the "hide folder" option is in the V3 viewer, but in Firestorm it's in Preferences >>> Firestorm >>> General >>> Hide empty system folders from inventory: If enabled, the inventory window will not display any system folders (eg, Favorites, Landmarks, etc) that have nothing in them.

If you are looking for missing items, take a look at this checklist >>> https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Lost_inventory

ETA: Aha!  Here it is.  Use the debug setting DebugHideEmptySystemFolders .  Open your Advanced menu (CTRL+ Alt + D) and navigate to Debug Settings.  Type in DebugHideEmptySystemFolders and then set its value to FALSE (By default, it has the value TRUE unless you reverse it, so empty system folders are NOT normally visible.)

• Like 1

I was going to suggest that he might have set to hide empty. In the official viewer, I don't think there's a setting in Preferences. It's in Debug Settings (DebugHideEmptySystemFolders).

You would have had to activate the Advanced menu (Ctrl+Alt+D) and then Debug Settings under it. Sound at all familiar, Phoenix?

The default setting, according to the Wiki, is True. Does that mean that hide empty system folders is now on by default?

Rez (create) a prim and delete it, Phoenix, and see if your folder appears.

The real problem, is perhaps you were on a sim, that didn't auto-return. This is fairly rare, but I have been on a few sandboxes, where you were urged to only rez copyable object; otherwise they would get eaten. I'm not sure if this is some kind of extra-programming, they added into SL, or a product of SL itself. Your item may be lost, if your Lost and Found Folder is empty, unfortunately.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3887 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.