Old Man Skin

Rongway

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3905 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm looking to recreate myself in SL. I'm an old and ugly man that doesn't have a ripped sixpack for a stomach. But that is nearly all I can find when searching the market place. The very few old man skins I have found show the face to be that of ancient men. I'm old, not dead (46 years).

Has anyone seen anything that might work for me?

I want a little muscle definition for I am quite strong. My face is definately not young looking, but It is not a wrinkled prune either. This is how I look:

Rongway.JPG

That look is almost impossible. SL is all about youth, with the occasional Santa Claus and Old Crone avatars tossed in.

What you could demo is Sacred skins. Their "A Touch of Grey" is probably the most realistic mature-but-not-dead-yet male skin out there. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/7268/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search%5Bcategory_id%5D=&search%5Bmaturity_level%5D=GMA&search%5Bkeywords%5D=a+touch

Belleza is a line of skins that you will probably dismiss as too young. If you look close at the eyes, you will notice small "crow feet" and lines. Here, the accessories will make the look. With a greying hairbase and beard, you will add on years here. I think "Ashton" in pale could make a believable forty something. http://bellezaskins.com/?p=156

I tried the "Touch of Grey" demo. Would have been perfect except that he looks as though he has a bear glued to his chest.

Of course that might not be that big of a deal considering that I seriously doubt that any lady will want to see his bare chest in the first place. :/

I'll see how the Belleza looks (hope they have a demo).

BTW, thank you for taking the time to help :)

I remember that rug. :smileyfrustrated: It surprised me that the creator didn't offer an alternative. Most male skins include a bodyhair and a no bodyhair option. I tried on just that demo for one of my other avatars, i was looking for an old gunslinger look. Even if I don't go into sexual roleplay with male alts, I just couldn't deal with that massive amount of chest hair.  :matte-motes-shocked:

I think it's surprisingly often questions about mature skins on the forum. You could try to ask the creator nice if he has a skin on his computer without chest hair. Skins in photoshop is built up in layers, it could be possible to remove the chest hair layer without having to make a new skin. I am pretty sure his skins would sell better with an alternative to the bear rug. You could point him to this thread. 

It would be worth checking out Pulse Skins, too: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Pulse%20Skin/123/207/40

They offer several of their skins, both male and female, in the "Life" range, where you can choose not only the skin but in a version for 20-something, 30-something .. right up to 60 or 70-something.

My male alt, a very distinguished looking gent in his late 50s or early 60s, has a skin from there.   He has to fight the girls off when he goes to Old Lars.   

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3905 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.