Terribly sorry if this is a stupid question or has been asked already

CottonCandyHaze

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3972 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm quite new to this website - and will be for sometime, for details that aren't important right now, just note I had to uninstall the actual game and am in the process of building a list of things to buy in the future - but I am wondering if it's possible to use female skins on a male avatar?
I only ask because, from the way some talk on here, it seems that 'male' and 'female' are only general terms one would use to define whatever it is that they want their avatar to be, and I desire to create a feminine male.

Also, if none of you - hopefully - kind people don't mind, I could also use clothing recommednations and such.
Of course, um, none of you have to, just, if you would like I'm not against it, as I could use them. 

The skins and shapes are totally separate from each other. Meaning you can put any skin on any shape and call it a day. HOWEVER, a shape will very much change the way the skin looks.

If you want to create a feminine male, I highly suggest you start on a FEMALE shape, and add in a femboy skin over that. This way you can make much curvier hips/butt, and the face can be much rounder and therefore more feminine. It's also 100% possible to create a femboy on a male base, it just takes a touch more tweaking. And on the female shape, you have to get the breasts flat, but many times that can be a pain.

I don't know where to buy specifically femboy anything, but if you searched this on the marketplace, you'd be off to a good start. As for clothing in general: http://feeds.sl/ & for male clothing: http://malefashionfeed.info/

However if you make a male on a female base, you might be better off getting clothing for ladies (if mesh) as it will fit your avi better. At least stuff for the bottom half, depending on how curvy you make the shape.

Ahh, thank you very much!

I've been wondering what kind of base I should start off with - I kinda chose male so I feel as if my fate as been sealed - but this is a big, big help!

I'm already in the process of searching, it's just not as easy as I would have hoped D: I mean I have found quite a few things to get me started! So I'm thankful for that, just a lot to dig through.

Thank you, though, for the tip! I will be keeping all of this in mind.

my fate as been sealed

No, it isn't. You can switch from girl to boy 100 times a day if you wanna. Or be a tiny, a furry, a drow, a dinosaur, an airship, a car, a .... heck you can be anything you wanna be.

BTW, why you had to uninstall the viewer (not the game) from your computer kinda escapes me. You'll never have the virtual world SL on your computer, not even your own inventory. It's all stored on LL's asset servers and it'll be there through various viewer, sex, species changes. Only thing that is your own is the viewer and your personal settings. The viewer is like your internet browser, nothing but a tool to navigate your avie through the virtuality.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3972 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.