The Musical Collaborations Connections Thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3935 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I absolutely get off on seeing musicians guesting with other bands, or duetting with artistes you might be surprised to find them associating with. Some of the stuff may seem artificial or have its basis in commercial venality, but still works - Tom Jones and Art of Noise? - sometimes it's a band put together for a celebration, like the 50th anniversary of the Fender Strat, and sometimes it's just 'cos Clarence Clemons was buddies with the saxophonist in Bob Seger's band.

Anyway, the point of this thread is to uncover collaborations (which may even never have got put on vinyl - ooops, showing my age there) but were recorded on video and are available to us globally thanks to the wonders of the internet and youtube in particular.

The "rule" is that you should post a video in which one of the artistes featured in the previous videos is playing, singing or just messing about with a completely different bunch of guys.

I'll start you off with Snow Patrol's classic, Chasing Cars.

The title speaks for itself.  Others appearing with Peter Buck and Mike (who have collaborated prior with R.E.M.) include Robyn Hitchcock and Ed Kowalcyk (two hints going forward.)

I will search for a video of Ed Kowalcyk performing with Slash last year (John Lennon's "Imagine")

PS This was so difficult to post from an Android phone.    

Then we have Bob Trujillo (Infectious Grooves, Suicidal Tendencies, Ozzy Osbourne, Metallica), the arguably bestest and most funky bass player in heavy metal, as  surprise guest at a Rodrigo y Gabriella show. The Mexican guitar wizards couple have some Metallica covers in their repertoire anyway, so it's kinda cool to have invited Trujillo to jam with them.

EDIT: ooopsy, sorrysorrysorry, I got it all wrong. Thought you was looking for collaborations overall, and not just some based on the lamest band in britpop genre.

Britpop? Who the hell are you talking about?

Well, you started with Snow Patrol, and they are Irish/Scottish, so very much britpop if you ask me. :smileyhappy:

But we'll cut you some slack for the incongruity of the mashup you have offered.

What I have offered was the first musically good link in this thread. :smileytongue:

Orca Flotta wrote:

Well, you started with Snow Patrol, and they are Irish/Scottish, so very much britpop if you ask me. :smileyhappy:

Since you are a foreigner you won't understand that while the Scottish have to suffer the ignominy of being classified as "Brits", the Irish get very upset about it. It's a bit like the way the Sudetenland Czechs react when being called Germans.

Orca Flotta wrote:

But we'll cut you some slack for the incongruity of the mashup you have offered.

What I have offered was the first musically good link in this thread. :smileytongue:

Your track record in this thread isn't great, is it? You don't understand the "rules" of the way it is supposed to work, you miscategorise Snow Patrol, and now you express a minority opinion that makes you look like a music Nazi.

Carry on.

Orca Flotta wrote:

it's been pretty much limited to the players in the band and then the butterfly effect from the first video..

it's trying to link every video together from the start by band members and not really music..if i read it right..

take one band member from the first video that went off and did something with another band in the next video..then someone from that video that goes off and does something with someone else in another bands video and so on..

at least that's how i read it..heck i may be way off myself hehehe

This is how it should be played ...

Considering these two old farts feel happy to play this game, you come up first with something they can relate to. Give them The Kink of The Kinks first with their favourite subject ( which can be virtual mamary glands or 'coming out of the closet').

Then relate this to some contemporary band that relates to their Kink. I present The 88.

The 88 don't make sense ? Of course they do ..

Give me some rope
Tie me to dream
Give me the hope to run out of steam
Somebody said it can be here
We could be roped up, tied up, dead in a year

I can't count the reasons I should stay
One by one they all just fade away.

All too fitting ... :robotindifferent:

SL isn't THAT old. "It" will never be yours , because you still aren't able to grasp the loss you never had.

TDD123 ( who knows social appreciation cannot be obtained as long as an effort  to 'get it' never has been made.)

TDD123 wrote:

SL isn't THAT old. "It" will never be yours , because you still aren't able to grasp the loss you never had.

TDD123 ( who knows social appreciation cannot be obtained as long as an effort  to 'get it' never has been made.)

Erm . . . if you ever had it, you've certainly lost it now.

Pie Serendipity wrote:

TDD123 wrote:

Erm . . . if you ever had it, you've certainly lost it now.

Sure. I'll cave. You certainly are .... It .

it7.jpg

ETA : Although I'd rather call you PepPieDumb instead of PennyWise.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3935 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.