A Dummies "How To" make friends

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3921 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

with the moderators.

No, this is not spam for Thinkerer.  I know my friend always has a post on hand pointing to his wonderful (~3 million views) blog where n00bs can read great essays on making and maintaining relationships/friendships in SL. I don't expect him to post here, but he, of course, will be welcome if he so chooses.

I'm writing about the mods.  The "seduction of the moderator" so to speak.  

There are do's and don'ts so I will tell you about each.

Don'ts:

1. Don't ever assume one poster is favored over another, it is a fact, Lillie, some of us are.

2. Don't ever assume one mod is favored over another as they are despised equally. 

3. Don't ever spam the forum, the mods will catch you, eventually, and place a ban on your account :| 

Do's:

1. Send flowers to your favorite mod in-world.

2. Write a thank you OP praising their contribution.

3. Do give them a break every so often by keeping your ignorance in check.

Any positive contributions to this thread will be greatly appreciated

DO:

Regale mods (in a random way) with humor suitable to each mod's taste and tolerance.  This requires an ability to 'read' them well.   There are no TED Talks that will tell you how to do this.

Remember that every odd week or so Rod peeks into the Meeting of the Mods and suggests another way to keep us, the forum residents, on our toes.  For example, not long ago a long-departed regular forumite reappeared without much fanfare but with the same tape over her mouth.  Maintaining your sense of humor during these unexpecteded turns of events is key.

Edited: Added one sentence

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3921 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.