Not new, but it nearly feels like it?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3979 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm not sure where to start. I've been on SL for a while. When I had first started, it was...'okay'. Although, making connections with others is very difficult. I guess it's because it's been so long that maybe my avatar scares people. I always make her how I like her to look, but I'm not sure if it's because I don't fit the standards. It took me a while to get used to this whole mesh thing. I'm not very computer savvy, so I don't join any of the SL photo blogs because my computer runs like crap -it's old-. Funny thing is, I'm young, but bad at editing photos, which makes me feel old. :D

I guess what I'm trying to say is I want to learn how to meet people on SL. I'm not really into role playing, so I wonder where to start. It's just awkward because I'm not new and then people will speculate that I am. For the most part, the only people who talk to me are newbs and to be honest, I hate feeling like the only thing I do on SL is help newbs. I invested a lot into my avi, so it would be nice to enjoy it. not sure where I'm going with this. ^^' I just need to find some friends.
  • Confused 1

Welcome back to SL, Ashlyn

My suggestion, as always, is to check the search for groups which share similar interests...movies, music, dancing.... then join it. Most groups are free and have some people on line at one time. Once you're in there, send out a group message. Say hello and see what happens. Most people in groups are eager to talk to other people. Find out where all the cool kids hang out... :matte-motes-sunglasses-3: then go there.

Good luck....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3979 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.