Mesh Sofa Disappears When Using Rez Faux!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3949 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi:)  

I don't even know how to explain this bizarre occurrence, but I'll give it a go:)  Built a furnished house including one mesh sofa and was double checking to make sure all the bits were linked and in place.  I made a little mesh sofa for the bedroom, and I thought I had forgotten to put the positioner script into it the first time I rezzed the house, so re did and copied, etc.  and watched the sofa when I re rezzed and it rezzes for about 5 minutes and just disappears.  Just to give more info on the item itself, it's 7 prims comprising of 3 "elements" - 2 basic prims, 2 sculpty prims and 3 mesh prims.  I am using the MLPV2 scripts and animations in the mesh seat of the sofa.  In the first 5 minutes while it is rezzed, the poses work fine until it disappears.  I also have the MLPV2 scripts in two other pieces of furniture, but they are not mesh and work and rez fine with the Rez Faux.  So this is what I've tried so far, btw I hv contacted the creator of the Rez Faux but I am waiting on a reply.  So, I've done the following:

1.  I relinked the entire sofa and made a basic prim the root prim instead of the mesh seat, it disappeared.

2.  Relinked in 3 pieces, basic prims, sculpty prims and mesh prims.  Rezzed with the Rez Faux and the mesh prims disappeared.

3.  Tried again with the rez faux in 3 pieces and this time, when it rezzed, I unlinked the mesh items and the seat with the MLPV2 script and animations disappeared, every other prim stayed rezzed.

4.  I thought then there must be something between the MLPV2 scripts, the Rez Faux scripts and the mesh object that somehow just didn't work, so I decided to create a flat alpha piece, put all the animations and MLPV2 into that instead.  So no scripts in any piece of the mesh sofa and I linked again now using the alpha prim as the root prim with the MLPV2 and Rez Faux positioner in it, rezzed it, and guess what?  Poof, disappeared!!

I really have no idea what is causing this, I don't receive any error messages like too many prims on parcel, or distance and can't link (although for Rez Faux this shouldn't be a problem), just nothing at all, it simply disappears.  I also checked the prims on the parcel before and after I rezzed it, and it shows the amount available, and when it disappears,  there are 7 more prims on the parcel, so it is definitely gone from the parcel.

There are no issues with the sofa before putting the Rez Faux positioner into it, it works fine on the land, and doesn't disappear or anything like that..............................so any ideas of where I go from here would be sooooooooooooo gratefully received:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Saoirse

It sounds as though one or more of the scripts in your sofa are not 'copy'' hence the sofa rezzing for a bit then disappearing. Check the permissions on scripts and change to at least copy, also check that all other items in the rezzer have copy checked also. Rez faux is good but other rezzers will also give a warning if 'no copy' items are included

those rezzers are based on the items being set to temp rez then when the temp time set runs out it produces the copy again and again in the same spot. It sounds like the location you are rezzing may have a shorter time life time for temp items than the script is working on . example . if your rez box has it set to make temp particles appear for 5 mins than produces the next copy at the 5 min mark as the first will disappear at that point. the sim or land parcel may have it set that temp items only have a life span of 3 minuets so the rez script has a gap between rezzing the next copy and the time the previous copy disappears.

if this turns out to be the case upon your inspection then see if the script allows you to change that life span time to match the location or gives you an option to auto detect the parcel setting so when it is used in other places it wont have problems if life span there is different than your setting.

Other possibilities: if you are working at a sandbox or rez zone the return time may be set very low. in that case try somewhere that allows longer time to work.

make sure you are well inside the boundaries of the area your working. if you rez the box in one place but the items being rezzed set up away from the box and ends up on the boarder of a parcel the neighbor parcel may be returning the items. (Check lost folder to see if you have multi copies of the item there to test this theory)

TishaRogue wrote:

those rezzers are based on the items being set to temp rez then when the temp time set runs out it produces the copy again and again in the same spot. [ .... ]

Not in this case.  Rez Faux is not a temp rezzer.  It is a packaging system for builders, in very common use in SL for many years.  It's like Builder's Buddy or any number of other systems that are meant to handle complex, unlinked structures and rez them intact, with all their various parts in their proper places.  Essentially, the system is managing a coalesced object, letting you move the entire thing after it is rezzed. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3949 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.