Need help with Inworld Store please!

hockeylips

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3918 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello,

I recently purchased an Inworld Store and need help.  Once I place a pic or photo of an item I am selling, how do I 'create' buy and pay 'action' that should accompany it?  In other words, when clicking on an item, it should say 'buy' then 'amount of item' and what is included with this item, i.e. an avatar and its' accessories, so HOW do I do this??  Thanking you in advance for your help and answers!

Regards, Kate (hockeylips)

2 answers to this question

Selling objects in your store can be as simple or an complicated as you want it to be.  You can set any object for sale by just clicking the proper options on the General page in your Build/Edit tool while you have the object selected.  Here's an overview >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Selling-objects/ta-p/700143

If you follow that route, each of your objects becomes a vendor.  You will find that you use up the prim allowance for your store rather quickly doing that, so the next step up is to build or buy a vendor system that lets you sell many items from the same panel.  There are many, many variations on that theme, varying in price as you expect different options.

Whichever methiod you choose, pay very close attention to setting the permissions on the items you have for sale.  That's probably the most confusing part of being a creator/merchant in SL.  If you get it wrong, you can inadvertently give customers more freedom to modify, copy, or resell your work than you intended.  Or you can make your items more restrictive than you meant to.  Read the sections of the article I referred to above that have to do with permissions.  Then practice before you actually set your work in the shop.  (Sell things to your alt to see if she gets the right perms.  Alts are great beta testers.)

Finally, spend time exploring in-world shops to see how other merchants display their products.  It's much more important there than in Marketplace to give thought to how your merchandise is displayed and arranged, and what sort of signage to use.  Again, that article gives you some things to think about.  Take a look here too >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-market-your-products/ta-p/700181

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3918 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.