Buying demo and not actual item

Syle Devin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3947 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I have this one item that a lot of people are buying the demo of but no one ever buys the actual product. The demo is supposed to delete itself after a couple of minutes. It still has all the features and I am wondering if something is wrong that people can buy the demo and not need to the buy the actual item. Then again the item might not be that good and people might just not want to actually buy the full version.

Can anyone help me out? Buy the demo, check it out, and let me know if anything is wrong. Thanks :)

This is the item in question: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/1-PRIM-DEMO-1-IMPORT-Cubular-ArmChair-LoveSeat/4530134

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

The couch is not bad. But not totaly good. It is very blocky looking and squared off on your edges. I would say the price may be too high.

Overall I agree with Dilbert, although the style could appeal to those decorating in a minimalist/modern style.  IMO, the main issue (without having tried the demo) is the price.  After 5 years, how to price items for sale still eludes me - so I'm by no means an authority on the subject but I do think 500L is way too high based on comparable items on the MP.

From the description, it doesn't sound like there are any animations included.  Multiple animations, especially if they are unique, is what will increase the value of furniture.  There are many low-prim furniture designers who have been in SL for years, are well known, and have animations in their furniture; those would be the merchants with whom you would be competing.

Good luck to you. :)

I had forgotten its 500L. It was one of the first meshes I actually brougght into SL so I was very proud of it. :P Recently I was debating what I want to price an item i'm currently working on and I was thinking 500L. It's a lot better quality than that chair so I need to change this chairs price.

Also not sure how to make it sound like there are animations in the couches. The description already says " 9 Animations PER Furniture Piece". I think I'll add the words built to clarify. Thanks for the help and feedback!

Syle Devin wrote:

I had forgotten its 500L. It was one of the first meshes I actually brougght into SL so I was very proud of it.
:P
Recently I was debating what I want to price an item i'm currently working on and I was thinking 500L. It's a lot better quality than that chair so I need to change this chairs price.

Also not sure how to make it sound like there are animations in the couches. The description already says "
 9 Animations PER Furniture Piece". I think I'll add the words built to clarify. Thanks for the help and feedback!

Not sure how I missed the animations part...I apologize for that.  I even looked the ad over a few times to check that out. *Makes note to have my eyes checked*

I'm impressed with anyone who figures out how to make mesh so for that, you have my utmost respect.

Just some FYI. Create an ALT go make another avi. Don't give them build rights or anything on your main avi and use them to test your products. I use one just to make sure I set all permissions correct. I pass them the linden let them buy the house and have them rezz and de-rezz just to make sure everything is good. And yes on more then one occasion when they went to hit de-rezz on the build there was no de-rezz button. That tells me that there's something not marked right. Having an alt you could easily check your own builds to make sure there doing what you want them to.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3947 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.