Wow. So I'm in need of some help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3920 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First off, let me start with the obligatory, "Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this" line. (I genuinely don't know if this is the approperiate place)

So I'm having a small problem with a rezzer. I bought an airship quite some time ago and I was trying to use it today for some rp-ing. Well when I used the provided rezzer parts of the ship showed materialized but they were all jumbled up and not in the right placings.
This had never happened before. Add to the first problem that everytime I've tried to use the rezzer to de-rez the 'scene'/item(s) it seems to copy a new set of the items into my objects folder. 
I am completely unsure of what to do in order to get the rezzer to act normally and to get my ship back in working order. I had thought about trying to get in touch with the original seller but the ship is no longer available in the marketplace and I couldn't find anything on it in the in world search.

Anyone know of any solution or have suggestions?

My first thought would be that you are trying to rez it half way onto another parcel or too close to the ground.  Try making sure where you rez it will allow for the space that is needed to contain it once it is rezzed, otherwise parts will not be able to position themselves properly.  If that doesn't help try lifting it up a bit, for basically the same reason, as you sometimes can't rez things below a certain point under the ground.

If neither of these work you may have to contact the creator... right click it, go into edit and, in the General tab, you'll be able to see who that is.

...Dres

Jagdish Indiawood wrote:

First off, let me start with the obligatory, "Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this" line. (I genuinely don't know if this is the approperiate place)

So I'm having a small problem with a rezzer. I bought an airship quite some time ago and I was trying to use it today for some rp-ing. Well when I used the provided rezzer parts of the ship showed materialized but they were all jumbled up and not in the right placings.

This had never happened before. Add to the first problem that everytime I've tried to use the rezzer to de-rez the 'scene'/item(s) it seems to copy a new set of the items into my objects folder. 

I am completely unsure of what to do in order to get the rezzer to act normally and to get my ship back in working order. I had thought about trying to get in touch with the original seller but the ship is no longer available in the marketplace and I couldn't find anything on it in the in world search.

Anyone know of any solution or have suggestions?

Was the parcel you were on big enough to fit the ship in?

Prims will get hung up if they rez through other parcels.

Rezzers can be so fun.

OK the manufacturer of your Airship probably assembled it on a large parcel with plenty of prims and more importantly, geography.

So she they chose to package up the ship for sale they chopped it up per the current linked object rules in affect at that time. Then they imported that assembly into the Rezzer Package. The rezzer script has a lot of options but if you don;t override any of them the product uses the defaults and imports the various assembly parts based on the root prim location of each component assembly.

Now you the purchaser try to rez the product and you end up with a mess.

OK, make sure that you rez this at your RP Region on a large parcel and in the center of the parcel no where near the parcel boundaries.

WHY?

Because when you press the Rezz button that Air Ship will be reverse assembled with the individual assemblies being rezzed outside of the final dimensions of the finished results and then moved into it's final place overall. The rezzer does NOT know where you are rezzing this object relative to the parcel borders. All it takes a a parcel boundary or a region edge that you do not have "Object Entry" permission in to cause the script to lose position control on the objects.

'

That happened to me with a skybox 64X64m, that exact size of my plot. I was unable to rezz it there.

Later I think in a solution that worked:

I went to a sand box, and rezzed the sky box at 2000m high, carefully moved it to the correspondent centre of my plot. Changing to "only select my objects" (or something like this, in the build menu), with a high distance draw (~1024), I selected the whole build a took to the inventory.

Back to my sim, right clicked it in the inventory and choose "return to last position" (I don't know if every viewer has this option, I was using Firestorm, that has but only works if you have rezz rights in the point 0,0,0)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3920 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.