Linden Realms : Am I stupid or are there no crystals.

Hope Pelliot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3881 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i have had this issue too. sadly the few that are left people with high speed get before me. between the reduce of spawning the adding of monsters and so many people that go to the realms it makes it near impossible now for people like me that lag to get any gems whatsoever.

Lewis Luminos wrote:

I've noticed that they're getting harder and harder to find. I think they turn the rezzers off because they're giving away too much money. I would't be surprised if they quietly abandon the Realms soon.

I wont be going away as long as Magellan's Grid Scavenger Hunt is still going on, because the hunt goes to linden realms. 

Rezzers seam to get turned off and on no rhyme or reason to it that I have fond, I do wonder about if there is may be a monthly L$ amount they give out and then start turning areas off, but it's been many months since I last saw all realms with all areas turned on.  Last week one of the caves was up again I made a lot there because few people even check them any more, but it's turned off again.

Eboshi wrote:

i have had this issue too. sadly the few that are left people with high speed get before me. between the reduce of spawning the adding of monsters and so many people that go to the realms it makes it near impossible now for people like me that lag to get any gems whatsoever.

I don't have lag problems like you do but still my rule # 1 for linden realms is avoid other people, use the large map once your in any of the realms to see which one has the least people and go there.   Time of day that you play can all so have a big impact on how many people are there.

I don't see many people cheating any more now that LL posted the rules, but it is ok to run ( ctrl r )

[Rules for Linden Realms gameplay :

* Use of any object, devices, HUDs, scripting, etc to enhance speed, movement and award collection rates is not permitted.]

Linden realms runs realy well, spare time is over 19.000ms so may be looking into what you can to cut down on viewer/client  lag.

Hope Pelliot wrote:

So its 7am, I've been up all night, and decided to finnally try linden realms... It tells me to collect crystals, but.. I've wandered around this sim for over an hour, and not a single crystal? Am I silly? Or..?

I think LL forgets there's still people who are just playing Linden Realms for the first time.  Many of the areas with crystals or even a whole sim has the crystal rezzers turned off, and it varies from realm to realm which Area are turned on/off

you can use ( crtl alt t ) to see where the rezzers are if you don't see any crystals in about 5 minutes around the rezzers then the area is likely turned off. 

All so try the other realms and teleport from the large map in your viewer to get around with in a realm.

• 3 months later...

I find it tends to be the same areas on or off, with a few exceptions.

Tyra's Peak, Devil's Canyon - always on

Whisper Hollow - mostly still on except for the northern coast near Res Circle 6, which is always off now. The north-east quarter (apart from the coast) is usually the best.

Sunspire and Shattered Caverns - always off

The area in front of the Portal Workshop - usually off now

Dark Moon Bay? Not sure, I don't go there often but last time I did, a couple of days ago, it was on.

Banshee Peak - usually off, but again it was on a few days ago.

I usually stick to running Tyrah's Peak (both sims) and over the wooden bridge to north-east Whisper Hollow, and back.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3881 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.