any scripts to HEAL an avatar's health?

Yamil Dagger

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3938 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Does anybody know any way of healing an avatar's health? I don't know any commands for that. Is it possible?

EDIT: Rolig Loon

3 answers to this question

According to the LSL wiki, you can't apply negative damage with llSetDamage.  I never mess with this stuff, but unless I misremember, health is reset to 100% when you relog.

As with each of the other questions you have asked recently, however, this is not the best place to ask. You should post a question like this in the LSL Scripting forum.

Yamil Dagger wrote:

[ ... ]

EDIT: 
Rolig Loon
, I don't know why you keep saying my questions don't belong here. It's my understanding 'Answers' is used for simple answers and the forums are used for more in-depth questions. It is then emplied that it's up to the asker how much they want to get into it. I simply asked if there was a way. 'no' would be a simple answer. Thank you.

Sorry.  That wasn't intended as a "go away" message but as friendly advice.

The Answers service is intended to address questions about how Second Life works or, more generally, why it doesn't seem to work the way you might expect it to.  When you have a technical question about scripting, building, texturing, animating, or mesh creation  -- even a simple one -- it is always best to pose the question in one of the Creation forums where there are more likely to be people who have more specific technical knowledge.  That serves two purposes:

1.  It guarantees you that a larger number of people with technical expertise will see your question, so you may get more than one good answer (maybe even a few contradictory ones).

2.  It lets other people who are interested in that technical area learn from your question and the responses. 

The basic point is that creators -- scripters in your case -- rarely look in Answers to see whether someone needs help and they almost never search responses here to look for answers to their own technical questions.  Therefore, posting a technical question here virtually guarantees that almost nobody will see it.  ( "Almost" == There are no more than three of us who will usually respond to a question about scripting here.)

So, as I said, the friendly advice is that if you have a question about how to script something, it's better to ask scripters in the LSL Scripting forum.  You'll notice that I have answered your question each time you have posted one here, though. 

ETA:  Actually, in this specific case you'll notice that I hedged my answer to your question by admitting that I don't mess with llSetDamage at all.  I have no experience or interest in that end of things, so the best I can do is guess.  You really would get a better range of answers to this specific simple question if you asked in the LSL Scripting forum.  :smileywink:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3938 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.