In need of a movement script for objects with ability to adjust speed with click to activate.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3977 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello All,

I'm not a scripter but, I build. I've discussed this issue already with several scripters and left messages for others and haven't had much luck. I've also purchased some movement scripts with no luck.

I'm looking for a script that will allow me to attach objects to a prim and for it to move on a straight line from point A to point B but, I want to be able to adjust the speed it moves. Think of it as either a conveyer belt or the way a wedding couple moves slowly down the aisle but, I want to have objects and prims move down that aisle slowly. I'd rather not use a tour system unless I have to. You can use a rotating script and slow it down by changing an integer in the script so I'm puzzled that you cannot adjust a movement script to slow down going from point A to point B.

1. Several scripters told me it's complex.

2. I have a script called "move back and forward on touch" which is perfect except the movement is too fast and I want control of it to slow it down to a crawl.

3. Is what I'm describing possible or is it so complex it would cost me a fortune?

Not being a scripter, it doesn't make sense to me that it's not as easy as adding the slow down code from a roration script that let's me slow motion down to the script I currently have.

Any help would be appreciated!

Feel free to contact me in-world as well

Tonimonastroniboni Oh

It's not all that difficult.  You'd probably want to use llSetKeyframedMotion as the basis for movement.  That is essentially a "tour" script, as you imagine it, but it's a fairly straightforward one.  This is not the place to come looking for a finished script, though, and it's not the place to come looking for a scripter either.  This is a forum for scripters to share their own work, offer suggestions, and moan a bit when things aren't working right. You'll need to hire a scripter to write something for you.  The place to do that is the InWorld Employment forum.

• Like 1

In the most simplistic way you could do this. Have alot of lines but ok till you understand loops

float     sleeper         = 0.2;//Throttle

llSleep(sleeper);
    llSetPos(llGetPos()+<0.0,0.0,-0.2>);
    llSleep(sleeper);
    llSleep(sleeper);
    llSleep(sleeper);

And Ro is correct in saying this a scripters forum

• Like 1

In the wiki llSetKeyMotion is a link to an oscillator example which moves an object back and forth on a straight line

You can control amplitude, direction and period time by these two variables:

vector amplitude=< 0.0, 0.0, 2.0>; // amplitude and direction for oscillationfloat Hperiode=2.0; // half periode time Seconds

:smileysurprised::):smileyvery-happy:

• Like 1

Thank you all for your comments and posts. I posted here to primarily determine if this was possible since several scripters in-world gave me the reply of this being complex. I didn't trust those answers since I've purchased many items over the years with no support with promises and therefore, the best place to ask is the forum for scripters to get an honest reply. I thnk you all for taking time out to respond honestly and I appreciate that which now at least tells me that it is possible and I have your replies to help with that. Thank you all again and I wll visit the references as well as try to find a scripter to assist.

Tonimonastroniboni Oh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3977 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.