Looking for a Shape Creator

Janel85

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4101 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Welcome to SL! You might be better off in the Avatar forum, or Commerce: Products Wanted. A mod will move the thread if they think it's a problem, though.

In general, custom work is expensive. A custom shape would be the cheaper of the two, as it can be made entirely with the in-world editor. Custom hair could mean custom sculpts or mesh, and custom textures.

Never fear, though... there is an enormous variety of hair available already, mostly at very reasonable prices. The going rate for hair is around L$250 (about $1 US), which will often buy one style in a range of colours. Unless there's something very specific you want, it's probably out there already.

Hair on the Marketplace.

Shapes are even easier. If you hunt around for something close to what you want, making sure it's modifiable and copiable, you can adjust it to your needs. Just make a back-up copy first!

Mod/copy shapes up to L$150, (mostly) excluding demos

eta: you might even get generous people offering to make you shapes as a result of your post.

Janel85 wrote:

Hi, new user here.  Moderator, if this is in the wrong forum, please move it to the appropriate forum.

Is there any place where I can have a shape and avatar hair done for a cheap rate?

Have you checked the various stores selling hair already? It can be quite expensive and hard to get someone to create hair just as custom work. There is nearly every imagineable hairstyle already inworld. If you have trouble finding a specific hairstyle, just open a thread and describe it there. Someone will know where such hair is available.

Shapes aren't really hard to make, have you tried doing it yourself? There are even guides around on how to get a realistic look. As the skin influences strongly how a shape looks like, you get the best results with trying it yourself. It could also help to describe what kind of shape you are looking for.

I am going to second the suggestion of getting an avatar bundle with modify/copy permissions.   You can either pick your favorite off of the marketplace (quick, easy, relatively cheap) or purchase (for free) several demos at in-world stores to try on until you find something you like and purchase a regular copy (time consuming, possibly entertaining, may or may not be cheap depending on where you shop). 

I am very poorly skilled at shape design/modification, but I found that with a pleasing (to me) shape/skin combination I am able to tweak the shape a little here-and-there.  I never do much at any one time, just slight adjustments every couple of months.  I

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4101 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.