"Unable to upload asset" every time I log in

Kaitlin Fray

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3866 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

Try:

1.  Getting off wireless.

2.  Going to a different sim.

3.  Using a different viewer.

Clearing your cache will not make any difference (except to create texture lag for the next day or so), and doing a Character Test will have absolutely no effect either.

Edit:  Also, check to be sure that any texture you are uploading is in an acceptable format (TGA, PNG, JPG, or BMP) and is not gigantic.  Almost always, that means <= 512 x 512 pixels.

• Like 1

I have the same issue, I tryed everything you said and nothing worked, its never happened in the 8 years I have been in sl, it must be a technical issue that needs to be fixed by linden labs if its never happened until now and if its happening to a lot of people only now

Hi i have the same problem, I use singularity i can not upload textures for free (temporary) and i got this message "unable to upload asset" i tried the 10L option on the same texture and it worked.

I tried with sl viewer but the free option is not even there lol

Someone tried an older version of exodus and seemed to have been able to upload a texture for free. I think Lindens need to look into this, unless free upload is going to disapear? i hope not!

Any solutions are welcome please 

Thanks

Temporary Textures no longer exist. You may get almost the same functionality with Local Textures, which are available in all viewers and which are also free. The only differences between Temporary Textures and Local Textures are (1) only YOU can see a Local Texture -- nobody else can, and (2) any time you save an updated version of a Local Texture on your own hard drive, the update is applied in world at the same time. See http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/texture_picker for information about how to use Local Textures.

I'm still getting the 'unabletouploadasset' unknown alert messgage.  But seems to be for any transparent layers my avatar wears.  And sometime it pops up when other people get near and they have something that doesn't want to load.

And I've been stuck in the same clothing since this all first started. I can change all my clothing and layers and look differn't on ym screen.  But to everyone else I'm still wearing the same clothing.   The only thing that looks differn't to them is if I wear attachments.

I have been getting the unable to load asset error as well and have been stuck in the ground. My name was not even showing over my head in firestorm. I logged into the default viewer and it has me less stuck in the ground but my feet are still in there. I think I am going to try a clean reinstall of SL and see if that works maybe an update is needed or something. I hope they fix this really soon.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3866 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.