Changed clothes and my gorgeous long hair disappeared, help!

MariahWhispers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3941 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

After you clear cache, make sure you log into a place your computer can rez easy, like Sargasso. Then lower your draw distance as much as you can, set graphics to low, open inventory and take a cup coffee of something else while your inventory load fully. Do not stress it. Then try to search for your hair.

If you still can't find it, visit the hair store and see if it has a redelivery terminal. You can also go to your account and transaction history, copy the details and send them to the hair store owner and ask for a replacement since you had inventory loss. Look at the store owner profile, most of them state if they want notecard or IMs. I hope you bought the hair recently, the transaction history is 3 months old or something... I don't remember. I think the Marketplace transaction history goes way back.

The inventory cache is a particular set of files, and some viewers let you delete only them, which can save a lot of hassle.

From the Firestorm Wiki: How to manually clear cache

If you're using the pther viewers, the Cache Location will be different: "SecondLife" instead of "Firestorm" in the folder path is one possibility.

Open Preferences → Network & Cache.

Go to the first path “Cache Location” and click the “Open” button behind the path. This will open a file explorer window displaying your current cache location.

Logout (close the viewer) and then delete everything inside the folder with the filename extension .inv.gz

You can then log in at a quiet location with a minimised draw distance and let your inventory reload.

Some people say you should regularly clear cache, but that is rather pointless. Cache clearing should only done when something is wrong: lost inventory, corrupted textures, obvious stuff like that rather than things just being horribly slow.

I have a huge texture cache, and it isn't worth deleting that for an inventory problem.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3941 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.