FPS Drops/Freeze on Rendering

Shroom Rich

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3955 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay so, I am currently running a i7 2700K at 4.5 GHZ with 8GB Ram and SLI GTX 670's. Running on 3 24" monitors. It's weird, when I enter a new sim or if someone else enters a sim I either drop to 2 FPS or freeze I will minimize and then maximize again and come back to decent FPS. I have tried running at the following : 5760x1080 full/windowed, and 1920x1080 at full/windowed. I'm at a loss. This happens on both the latest SL and Firestorm viewer.

• 2 weeks later...

This happens to me a great deal too. Everything will be running fine, and then suddenly I'm at 2 fps, for what seems like anywhere between 10-30 secs. Then suddenly it's all running fine again. And that's with no sudden increase of AVs or anything graphical on screen. I could have my cam locked on one place with nothing changing and it seems this will still happen.

On Firestorm (which I can't run now because of this bug) it was even worse. The fps would gradually fall, until it got to the point where SL nearly stalled, sometimes crashing, but more often the fps would suddenly fix itself and then start that slow fall again, doing this over and over.

It's driving me insane and nothing I've tried makes any difference in either viewer, and believe me I've been looking for a solution for weeks now.

Seems were out of luck. I have tried dropping my stable CPU overclock. Switching SLI on and off. Changing numerous 3d settings, overclocking my GPU's etc etc. I can't figure out what it is. I miss exploring the grid.

I thought it might be due to my CPU overclock, but when I render freeze, my CPU load doesn't budge. I thought it might be my GPU but I have ran SL on both of them and the problem still remains. 

I'm at a loss.

Before anyone asks~ ;)

Same problem happens on the official viewer.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Firestorm 4.4.2 (34167) Jul 1 2013 23:33:25 (Firestorm-Release) with Havok support
Release Notes

You are at 303,730.0, 279,156.0, 1,002.4 in Loxich located at sim10172.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.49.38:13012)
Second Life Server 13.07.12.278519
Release Notes

CPU: Intel® Core i7-2700K CPU @ 3.50GHz (3500.05 MHz)
Memory: 8074 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 670/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 9.18.0013.2049
OpenGL Version: 4.2.0

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/1.0.0d zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.1
Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Vivox 2.1.3010.6270

Settings mode: Viewer 3
Viewer Skin: Starlight (Original Orange)
Font Used: Deja Vu (96)
Draw distance: 64
Bandwidth: 3000
LOD factor: 1.5
Render quality: Low (1/7)
Built with MSVC version 1600
Packets Lost: 0/1,003 (0.0%)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm having the same problem. Someone upthread said this is a known issue and there's a JIRA on it. While that's not particularly helpfull in solving the problem, at least I know I can stop fiddling with things trying to fix it so I'm glad I found this thread. I've been on SL for 6 years and been through some crazy issues but its never, ever been this bad. It's a total lag and crash fest for me on both Firestorm and the SL latest viewer. Whatever this is I hope they fix it soon because it's hardly worth logging in.

Just wanted to let you know you're not alone.

• 5 weeks later...

This is the first post I have seen that is similar to my problem.  I have been having this problem since I downloaded the new Firestorm viewer.  I log on and my fps are over 30 and then all of a sudden drop to belong 3 fps and then after a while back up again and then down again.  This goes on the entire time I am in SL.  I tried downgrading my Nvidia Geforce 9100 driver to as far back as I could go (thinking this was the problem) and still no change.  I have tweaked and tweaked the Nvidia control panel and the firestorm viewer and still no luck.   I have been searching the net for an anwer and can't find anything. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3955 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.