Too much review alerts

Meshes1488303295

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Someone reviewed an item. I got an email about that, I appreciate.

Then I gave a comment on the review. This commend was placed twice, though I only hit the button once. Then I received two emails that an item was review. But those were not reviews, but my own comments.

I deleted one of the two comments, and again I got an email that this item was reviewed.

Come on commerce team, enough is enough . One mail for the actual review is fine, but I don't need emails when I comment or delete a a comment.

This tends to be the outcome when we ask for something and they actually(finally) deliver. It's not always or even usually up to snuff. Most often, there's still something wrong with it.

I got used to not getting the messages. Now, I still don't get them consistently and neither do a lot of other merchants I have talked with about it. It's still a hit or miss kind of thing. I'd rather get none at all if it's not going to work properly. A bit too late to ask for that though. I don't see them tweaking this feature any further, to be quite honest.

Annoying as it may be, it's not nearly as bad as many of their other failed attempts at winning the hearts of content creators by actually giving them something they asked for. It could always be worse. That's why I take the good with the bad, so we don't have to face even more of the ugly.

Tari Landar wrote:

I got used to not getting the messages. Now, I still don't get them consistently and neither do a lot of other merchants I have talked with about it. It's still a hit or miss kind of thing. I'd rather get none at all if it's not going to work properly. A bit too late to ask for that though. I don't see them tweaking this feature any further, to be quite honest.

Well, although I do agree that the spam of emails when I comment on a review is overkill, I am happy to put up with it for the convenience and usefulness of getting an email notification at all. It has made a huge difference in the way of improvement.

I have been able to act several times on reviews by getting the notification - I've had unfair reviews removed by either sending a ticket or talking to the customer; I've been able to discuss minor issues with the customer; and it has given me the opportunity to thank customers for good reviews. I couldn't do this if I did a manual scan once a month or so for new reviews, it would be too late.

Even if I miss receiving one notification - and I don't believe I have - it would be a bit extreme to stop them completely - like throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Edit: You can turn off email notifications for reviews under My Account - Email Settings

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.