I've Lost Weight!!!!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3957 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Someone was explaining that around the time "Outfits" came to the viewer, the responsibility for remembering shape settings moved from the viewer to the servers. Until then, the shape parameters were apparently cached locally. (This doesn't sound right, I may be remembering it wrong.) The theory was that, since you stayed with V1, the servers may have been handing out your shape parameters to others from their own storage place, and not from the local copy in your viewer. You'd never have noticed since your viewer was always rendering your shape from your local settings, not those on the server. How the server ever got settings that differed from those on your PC was not explained.

Let's examine your PC/monitor hypothesis...

If your old PC was driving its monitor with the wrong aspect ratio, everything should have looked a little wrong to you, including RL images. If your new PC is driving its monitor with the wrong aspect ratio, everything would look a little wrong to you know, again including RL images.

If SL is the only place you notice something wrong, and it's only with your shape, and only when you view yourself, then we're looking at your viewer somehow working with shape parameters for you that are not the same as those stored in the SL servers and distributed to everybody else when you appear within their SL scenes. That's the decoupling I mentioned.

Ahh, ok.  Thanks for explaining the difference in how I saw my avatar vs. others.  It is strange that a thinner "me" would somehow have been put into the SL servers since, as I've stated previously, my shape had been the same for at least two years and prior to that it was still "curvy" - I just did a bit more tweaking on my face (someone told me I should smile more...lol) and other minor things.  From the beginning of my SL I've never had a shape as thin as what I saw on my PC recently.

My aspect ratios on both old & new monitors were accurate so sounds like it's the viewer issue.  I'll just spend some time retrieving my curves. ;)

Melita Magic wrote:

Congratulations on your new PC, Czari! Enjoy it!
:D

Thank you, Melita...AND...my graphics card just arrived; well it arrived, according to the tracker online, at 4:44 pm EST, but I checked the mail earlier and it wasn't there so mail must have been way late today.

If no one sees me over the weekend, I'm probably installing it. ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3957 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.