VAIO Fit 15E Custom Laptop

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3945 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Link if you need it:

http://store.sony.com/laptop/Custom-Sony-VAIO-Laptop-15.5-F-Series/SVF152190X-Standard/en/vaio/8198552921666564153

Specs:

• 3rd gen Intel® Core™ i7-3537U (2.00GHz / 3.10GHz with Turbo Boost) (Save $75, reg. price $200.00) [$125.00]
  • Windows 8 64-bit
  • 15.5" LED backlit Full HD display (1920 x 1080)
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 740M (2GB) hybrid graphics (Save $20, reg. price $100.00) [$80.00]
  • 1TB (5400rpm) hard drive (Save $15, reg. price $60.00) [$45.00]
  • 8GB (4GB x2) DDR3L-1600MHz [$60.00]

ATM I have a Nvidia 525M and it runs SL fairly well but jerky in huge areas. Will this graphics card fix this issue? Also, any Windows 8 users here? If so, how do you like it compared to W7? 

Again, thank you to the people for all the advice with my laptop questions. You really helped and taught me alot about specs and such so for that I am truly grateful. :matte-motes-smile: I'm very sorry for constantly bring up spec questions, it's just that this is a pretty big investment and I'm very indecisive about the whole thing.

Have a great day!

Based on your similar posts, it's difficult to say how well this will perform for you. Unfortunately only you know what you want and your posts are mainly generalizations instead of specifics. Will this system work in general, yes. Will it give you what you desire? Personally I hope you choose a better graphics card for one reason in particular.

With the constant changes in graphics, it seems to me one would err towards increased performance for the future. A lesser card may be fine for the short term but I wouldn't want to buy another card in a year. It is hard enough to have to buy one every few years just for SL.

I hope whatever you choose, you aren't disappointed.

Which specific details would you care to know? I would be glad to provide a clearer image. Sorry if I tend to type my questions in broad strokes. Also, thank you for showing me that site game debate! That site really does help alot (even though I can't really understand the specific specs for comparison) but it does give me a general idea. :)

SLtesterL2 wrote:

Which specific details would you care to know?

First, you're welcome.

What would really help would be all the settings you wish to achieve in the preferences section of the viewer. Also instead of a lot or a few, the approximate number of AV's you would like to be in the sim with those settings. Mid-High settings can mean many different scenarios.

With that information, anyone using the same card could tell you yes or no and anyone who gets your setting specs could say what range of card they use. You would get precise info to make your decision instead of speculation.

Lag of course is another animal with connection speed being thrown into the mix. About the only time I get any lag is if  I  move as 2 or 3 AV's are teleporting into an almost full (of av's) sim.

• Transparent water
  • Bump Mapping and shiny
  • Local Lights
  • Basic Shaders
  • Atmostspheric shaders
  • Draw Distance= 64-128
  • Max Particle count=0
  • Max # of imposter avatars=10
  • Post Process Quality
  • Mesh Detail=All marked high excluding Sky detail
  • Hardwar Skinning: check
  • Terrain Detail=High
  • Water reflection= Minimal but I might switch it to everything

Ping: 40ms

DWNLD SPD: 10.83 mps

UPLD SPD: 1.45 mps

for avatars lets say 60 since some hotspots have that many avatars

Also, could you please compare the 740M 2GB compared to the 750M1GB? I can't see to find out the specific comparision for them.

Ask if you need any more info!

Until you got to 60 av's, I would say for what your specs are both cards would work. 60 av's is a load to render. From my observations it seems av's are more of a gpu load than static objects. I can't verify that with hard data but it's what I experience.

Based on the comparison the 750 is slightly better. Both use the same basic components but the core clock speed and the pixeling performance is higher in the 750.

gpuc.png

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3945 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.