My avatar and hair..

Frawmusl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3971 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is my avatarSnapshot_001.jpg

His current ARC is at 37,000 about. Why you ask? Because of that damned flexi hair with a buttload of textures on it.
I do not design or make mesh hair, and am a terrible shopper. Would you lovely people help me find a well made mens mesh hair that could fit my avatar ? I am really looking to reduce my ARC, because I sure can't teach others about arc when mine is in the red (though its a lot better than the 100,000+ that I see everywhere)
<3

~Frawmus

The trouble with men's mesh hair is it looks just horrible, sorry to say it, but I've yet to see one I like, which is a shame because there are some lovely mesh hairstyles for women.

I'm more into something like this https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Hairstyle-CHRIS-Black-REDGRAVE/4853078

I realise it's not what you're looking for because it's not mesh, but I do think it;s a style that would suit your avi.

Maybe someone will come along with a link to a  great mesh hair and prove me wrong, I hope so.

Thanks a ton for replying, but my idea is to try and get my impact down while not losing too much in my style points :) 

As of right now, I have found 0 mesh creators that satisfy this :\ I might end up making my own when I have free time, because there is no way the arc is going down when everyone wastes polygons on hair like this 
Snapshot_002.JPG

There is so so so many wasted polygons that all the hairs I tried on brought me up from 37,000 to 55,000+

worse being 70,000 >.> 

Thanks for taking a look for me, and these styles were really cool, just looking for a better creator of something similar I suppose!

Ill keep up the search though :D

Frawmusl wrote:

Couple days later

Is it...

Is it impossible to find hair that won't shoot you up 50,000+ on the arc?

Honestly....not really. Even womens hair is bad like that. To be fair though ARC is aTERRIBLE indicator of how much lag your creating...since it doesn't account for a lot of things...like textures and it was never accurate and the numbers very from  veiwer to veiwer... I have a thing against ARC...I even wrote a looong and well researched notecard for ARC bullies. Used to be a ton of those ARC nazis about..though they've died down lately. It's like the same thing as people who  kick you out of events based on number of scripts...Number of scripts isn't an accurate portrail of how much memory those scripts take up. some script are more effecient.

ANNNNNNYWHO now I've done my rant on how ARC is a peice of crap.... I will say as someone who went to college for animation I can practically SEE the 12000 polygons going on in those hairs...and for a game (not an animated movie) that's just terrible... I mean just render a frame with that would take FOREVER.:/ so yeah... I can see why you wouldn't want that ARC or no...but all the hairs are like that....even womens... LITTERALLY EVERY HAIR I'VE SEEN!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3971 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.