I have NEW intel and windows 8 with BRAND NEW laptab from yesterday... but why I can´t be on SL...

Rose1982superstar Hansome

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4036 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello,

thank you so much for ur answer...

I have Intel 15 and I have all brand new pc with high processor etc

I bought this laptab just for play SL and so.

everytime I log on to firestorm/Phoenix I crash. I have edit all on the pref. with vey LOW graphic stuff and all that. But i still keep on crashing when i log on. and I don´t even rezzzed but it crashed right away ater 1 min.

please, help me out...I am going to DJ tonight...and tomorrow and so on...

thank you so much

I hope u understand my message

kind regards

Jules

**************************************************************************************************************************************

Hello,

I have new Laptab with the best video card & graphic card. and it runs with windows 8.

I have a NOT a touch lap but a normal laptab.

my issue is this:

I log on firestorm/Phoenix and after few minutes I crash.. ps. I have the lowest stuff on pref. etc.

so what can I do now? Secondlife can´t handle windows 8 now or?

please, get back to me as soon as possible.

I am DJ and I need to get back to work...

thank you so much

Kind regards

Jules

3 answers to this question

Have you tried using a different viewer Firestorm might not be able to use windows 8, but the default linden lab viewer is abled to? There are many threads about phonenix/firestorm crashes with windows 8

Also :

Is this a system crash or just the viewer crashing?
Have you made sure all your drivers are up to date on your system?

Duplicate  and follow on to: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Viewers/I-have-new-laptab-with-windows-8-I-log-on-firestorm-Phoenix-with/qaq-p/2048139

Please do not make a new question with your answers: Please update your question in the future with additional information as follows: Select the Options drop-down menu to the right of your question and select Edit Question.

OK - Intel 15 is NOT a make or model.

1) Who made your Laptop? Who is the manufacturer?

2) What is the exact Model number of the Laptop. This will be on the manufacturer label on the bottom of the laptop.

We will look up the specifications of your equipment and try to help you based on this knowledge.

In the meantime, did you perform all the steps that  Valerie and  I suggested in your previous post? The updates to Windows 8 alone will take a few hours to complete.

}OP REPLY VIA EMAIL{

HP Intel i5-3230M - RAM 8 - system 64 Bit. Win 8 - Intel R HD Graphics  4000

}EDITED RESPONSE{

Rose,

Unfortunately, your laptop while good for Business Graphics is unusable for most games. The HD Graphics 4000 subsystem rates very poorly for any game or virtual world with the 3D complexity of SecondLife. Review after review rates this embedded graphics subsystem as poor for gaming. Even set to it's lowest settings it performs poorly. I'm not sure what country you are in but trading that laptop in for one with a high-end ATI Radeon or Nvidia Geforce graphics subsystem would be a better solution if this option is available to you.

I have tried to use SL on several PCs with the Intel R HD Graphics 4000 graphics on them. The best I can do when it runs at the low Sl Graphics setting is a poor view of SL with rainbow flickers on the graphics objects in the HUD.

Below are much better gaming Laptops for the money.

http://www.cnet.com/laptops/lenovo-ideapad-y500-intel/4505-3121_7-35536131.html

http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Laptops/HP-Pavilion/A3G47AV;pgid=c7twGfjc0ptSRpIq7ZUcoGXQ0000OJYLMXVk;sid=HPKoiik8FMMluHiBR23zHvAzKO5t3yPnkVlAIcQtFiklIe9NkccEJq8j?HP-Pavilion-dv7t-7000-Quad-Edition-Entertainment-Notebook-PC

To add to the previous answers:

You have not given us enough to work on with either of your posts.  We need to know the make and model of your laptop, or you can look at Help/About Second Life on your login screen to get a description of its capabilities, then copy and paste them here.

As a general note, even new computers often need driver updates.  Use Windows Update, repeatedly if necessary, and then also go to the web site of whoever makes the video card in your computer, and check for driver updates there as well.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4036 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.