[CLOSED] Research on lifestyles (Reward: 10 US Dollars or 2500 Linden Dollars)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3997 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CharlesBoudelaire wrote:

May I use  the pictures for my thesis? Then my thesis grader will become aware of everything that is possible on SL.

You may have permission to use the photo I took for your thesis.  I can send it to you in SL, then you would need to download it to your hard drive or I can send it directly to you if you have an email you can share.  Feel free to respond or ask questions in the fourm PMs, or in world, whichever is easier for you.

CharlesBoudelaire wrote:

my thesis grader will become aware of everything that is possible on SL.

I doubt if he will.

Awe . . . is sceptical about your thesis including extensive discussions regarding the paradox of consensual rape and vore.

Dear Awe, I am aware of the fact that some aspects that can be found in Second Life certainly take place in a taboo zone. However, I am not striving to make a depiction of a certain, general user in Second Life, an SL-equivalent of 'Joe the Plumber'; no, rather, I seek to substract a subset of the whole SL population that I assume to be fulfulling the profile I have in mind; the profile (or even historical figure you could say) that became the inspiration w.r.t. my thesis ;-)

CharlesBoudelaire wrote:

Dear Awe, I am aware of the fact that some aspects that can be found in Second Life certainly take place in a taboo zone. However, I am not striving to make a depiction of a certain, general user in Second Life, an SL-equivalent of 'Joe the Plumber'; no, rather, I seek to substract a subset of the whole SL population that I assume to be fulfulling the profile I have in mind; the profile (or even historical figure you could say) that became the inspiration w.r.t. my thesis ;-)

Charles, do not loose your time giving attention to this one.... it doesnt worth your time...:smileywink: you have better to do.. keep working on your thesis lol...

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

CharlesBoudelaire wrote:

Charles, do not loose your time giving attention to this one.... it doesnt worth your time...:smileywink: you have better to do.. keep working on your thesis lol...

Trinity is correct, Charles.  He is known to many of us as an obvious troll.

CharlesBoudelaire wrote:

Sorry, I forgot you're an ESLer and don't necessarily mean what you write.

Awe . . . would recommend avoiding the usage of archaic terms in English as it identifies you as such.

You’re trying to call Charles out on his use of the word ‘seek’?  You have to try really, really, really hard to troll in these forums, don’t you Awe?  And yet again you don’t manage it.  I found “seek to subtract” in current use straight away on the old intamanet.  Or perhaps I’m wrong.  Was it his use of ‘historic’ from the C15th you objected to?  Or ‘plumber’ from the C14th?  Or ‘strive’ from the C13th?  Does his ability to use these words in a perfect English sentence rile you?  Is that why you have to nit-pick so deeply to find evidence of his ‘crime’ of being thoroughly competent in two or more languages?  How many languages do you speak, Awe?  Perhaps you should switch to one of the others, because you’re not impressing anybody in the one you’re using currently.  Oh go on – pick Charles up on his typo then!  But we’ll still like Charles much more than we like you.  Awe, you are a silly, silly person.  Go on.  Back to the other threads now to call people names and make yourself look sillier.  Shoo!

Beth Quander wrote:

You’re trying to call Charles out on his use of the word ‘seek’?  You have to try really, really, really hard to troll in these forums, don’t you Awe?  And yet again you don’t manage it.  I found “seek to subtract” in current use straight away on the old intamanet.  Or perhaps I’m wrong.  Was it his use of ‘historic’ from the C15th you objected to?  Or ‘plumber’ from the C14th?  Or ‘strive’ from the C13th?  Does his ability to use these words in a perfect English sentence rile you?  Is that why you have to nit-pick so deeply to find evidence of his ‘crime’ of being thoroughly competent in two or more languages?  How many languages do you speak, Awe?  Perhaps you should switch to one of the others, because you’re not impressing anybody in the one you’re using currently.  Oh go on – pick Charles up on his typo then!  But we’ll still like Charles much more than we like you.  Awe, you are a silly, silly person.  Go on.  Back to the other threads now to call people names and make yourself look sillier.  Shoo!

Erm, Beth, your reading skills are obviously on a par with the writing skills Charles demonstrates.

I think "seek" is a fine word for modern times, as is "historic" (although he actually used the correct "historical" - , but that nuance passes many by who consider themselves literate) and "plumber", although I think "strive" is rather a pretentious poetic substition for "try" - but if you read more carefully you will notice that he didn't actually write "subtract" as you have incorrectly quoted, but "substract".which was considered erroneous and obsolete even before the end of the 19th century.

Awe . . . speaks four languages, but would not dream of using anything but English on a public, English language forum.

CharlesBoudelaire wrote:

I've reached my 20 respondents. Thanks everyone who participated in my research. 

Wooooot Charles ! Congrats ! Now the harder : finish the thesis in time :smileywink:

im pretty sure you will do fine and i cant wait to know the result :smileyhappy:

i cross my fingers for you 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3997 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.