Intuitive Video editor for Machinima?

Holocluck Henly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3941 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have an old PC with VISTA, 32bit 4gb RAM, can get away with software requiring 3ghz. 

I'm not here though to be critiqued over my hardware :) but to give some background and look for advice on an ideal video editor as Windows Movie Maker falls far short of my needs.  I have FRAPS and I filmed about 80 clips from which maybe half will be used for a machinima.

Looking at what's out there ACS4you seems to be easy to handle and not such a resource hog. Also seems to save in higher quality without jumping through too many hoops.

What I'm looking for is:

1. something which easily allows one to copy or cut film from the timeline place it

2. something which works like a moviola in which I can see multiple clips and intercut them (for instance 2 clips with the same animation and there's no interruption to the movement).

Oh and cheap. Not looking to spend hundreds of dollars. I got ahold of an older Adobe Premiere but it's too heavy handed and generated errors during export.

Thanks for your suggestions

Not exactly sure what moviola does as I have never used it.

I can say that I started with Windows Movie Maker as lots of folks do then moved up to ACS4you and then to Corel VideoStudio Pro X4. Have been very happy with VSP4 and it does all I ever want it to do and more. You can intercut but perhaps not "magically". I suspect you can get a 30 day download of the later version. I would say that going for the basic one rather than the "bells and whistles" version that they always have might be a better plan. Some of those bells and whistles simply don't work and other are pretty ho-hum. It is fairly inexpensive and lots of folks including award winners use it.

That's what I know.

Thanks Chic.

Never would have thought about Corel. I'll check it out.

Moviola is what film editors used before video. Depending on the model you can run multiple strips of film and multiple strips of soundtrack. You'd make notes on the exact frames to cut and splice together for either type.

I'm very oldschool. I majored in character animation in the 70s and experimented with super8mm and 16mm film.

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3941 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.