SL Viewer Graphics Card Issue

Keidarth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4037 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I'm brand new to the SL community and I've noticed that I've had a recurring problem when I try to run the viewer: view screenshot here. It tells me that my video card drivers are not installed properly/out-of-date/unsupported when I currently have the most up-to-date video card drivers. I'm not sure what's causing this problem, as I'm able to play plenty of other games smoothyl without encountering any graphics cards errors. I don't know how to resolve this problem and I am quite eager to get on SL and start becoming a part of the community.

Thank you for your time,

Keidarth

I suggest you open the viewer and before logging in click Help->About... copy and past that info into your post. It will give us versions and other info about the computer.

You may also want to get the free program GPU-Z and get more detailed info on your graphics ship.

The 4 Series is a weak chip set for gaming.

If GPU-z shows the chips maxing out, that's the bottle neck.

Okay, tough love time -

The problem is that having up-to-date drivers for that chip is like having an up-to-date Montgomery Ward catalog - just because it's the latest one available doesn't mean that it's usable in today's world. It looks like you've installed Windows 8 on an aging laptop. The problem is that Intel, your video chip maker, hasn't seen fit to write Windows 8 drivers for your graphics chip because it's several years old, and I'm sure Toshiba, your laptop manufacturer, won't either. That means you need to use generic Microsoft drivers which are JUUUUST good enough to use things like Word and Excel and expecting them to cope with 3D graphics isn't a realistic expectation.

You can try rolling back your operating system to what you had before but even then your laptop will be barely adequate to get on SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4037 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.