struggling new landlord needing more help please

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I need some help please.

Please will someone give me instructions for what I need to do to sell/rent out the parcels I have made on my SIM (private estate)? I have set up the rental boxes but not sure how to make each parcel appear for sale on the map nor what the renter has to do to buy the land.

Second question. I want to give my residents full permissions on their parcels but not sure how to do that at a parcel level and keep the permissions right for estate manager. I am going to make a residents group, do I set the permissions in that?

Sorry for the basic questions but this is all new to me.

Hope someone can help

Ven

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Selling-and-renting-land-to-others/ta-p/700135

Some info in that secondlife link about renting and selling to others, also ofcourse your land/parcel has to be deeded to the group you are creating, then you set the permission you want anyone to have in the roles, usually a role for Everyone, would allow, if you tick the right boxes, to rez, make home there, change media parcel, manage ban lists or access and so on

Venetia Cazalet wrote:

Hello, I need some help please.

Please will someone give me instructions for what I need to do to sell/rent out the parcels I have made on my SIM (private estate)? I have set up the rental boxes but not sure how to make each parcel appear for sale on the map nor what the renter has to do to buy the land.

Second question. I want to give my residents full permissions on their parcels but not sure how to do that at a parcel level and keep the permissions right for estate manager. I am going to make a residents group, do I set the permissions in that?

Sorry for the basic questions but this is all new to me.

Hope someone can help

Ven

If you are on a private region, not mainland, your parcels will not show up for sale/rent on the map. I am only speaking from experience but ours never did. In your "About Land" menu you can choose for your parcels ( would suggest the landing point on your sim where people get the rental information) to "show in search" by ticking the box and that costs 30L per week. As Sid said, you create roles within your land group, you can give certain renters more abilities (e.g. such as terraforming) and customize roles for members the way you choose. Be careful about what rights you give to renters in the group as most should only be for the group owner and officers. If your land is under one group then whatever role you assign with land rights will apply to all renters anywhere on your sim.

Unless you are renting mainland or don't own the estate, I wouldn't rent your parcels out using the group method.  If you do, a tenant can rez prims or change the media on another tenants lot and rez more prims than they are entitled to.  I also think having to wear a tag all the time to do anything is a pain unless it is absolutely necessary. 

What you need to do is set them for sale, for the first weeks rent or a deposit or combination of the two and put them in Search using the Land Management Tools.  Name your lots something descriptive such as : 4096sqm Oceanfront Lot 937 Prims and in the land description put your rental amount such as: Rental / Tier is $2500L per week.  Purchase price includes first Weeks rent.  See Convenant for full details.  Once they are set to sale go to your Region Management Tools and Set the sim so as not to allow reselling of lots.  Use a covenant to specify your rules and lease terms. 

If you need to evict someone or they leave, you simply repossess the land and repeat the above procedure.

@ Malanya - There is no reason you should not be able to set a lot on a private estate for sale or rent in search using the above method unless it is too small, you made a mistake in setting it up, or you have a technical problem.  I've done this for years. Note they don't appear in search immediately.  It can take a few hours or even a day before you see them.  

Venetia Cazalot wrote:

Please will someone give me instructions for what I need to do to sell/rent out the parcels I have made on my SIM (private estate)? I have set up the rental boxes but not sure how to make each parcel appear for sale on the map
nor what the renter has to do to buy the land.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

@ Malanya - There is no reason you should not be able to set a lot on a private estate for sale or rent in search using the above method unless it is too small, you made a mistake in setting it up, or you have a technical problem.  I've done this for years. Note they don't appear in search immediately.  It can take a few hours or even a day before you see them.  

I think you misunderstood my response to the OP :) I meant on a private region it doesn't show for sale on the map as the OP asked about. My parcels always showed in search, but not on the map like mainland parcels for sale do with a $ sign.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4123 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.