Beta vs. Main

Six Igaly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3995 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It can be me, but I always experience something odd with the beta viewer. Or better, when the latest beta viewer becomes the next main viewer. (IF it works like that, not even sure.)

The thing is, I'm online with both of the viewers at the same time most of the time. And the beta viewer usually is for my main account. Simply because the graphics always seem to be better. See the differences:

betavsregular.jpg

The left side is the beta viewer. Both images are made in the same minute. Both images are made on the same computer. So, I wonder, is it me? Or do you notice the same (if you use the beta too of course)? And does anyone know or at least have a explanation for this? Just curious.

If you're seeing things change from a beta to when it becomes the release there must be SOME setting that's different between the two on your machine. When the beta becomes the release it inherits the settings your previous install of the release viewer had.

You would think so yes. So I checked and checked again, identical settings. To be sure I also used region settings in both viewers for the new image below.

betavsregular0.jpg

To be clear, I am not having issues. I'm just curious about why 2 viewers on one machine do not show identical graphics.

Six Igaly wrote:

You would think so yes. So I checked and checked again, identical settings. To be sure I also used region settings in both viewers for the new image below.

betavsregular0.jpg

To be clear, I am not having issues. I'm just curious about why 2 viewers on one machine do not show identical graphics.

If the avatars haven't moved between those pictures the camera angle you're using is different between the two pictures. On the left the avatars look smaller but the lake looks bigger. This suggests that the camera angle is more "telephoto" and is farther behind the avatars. The camera also seems lower in the left picture than in the right. I saw the same thing in the first pictures you showed. This will also explain why the water looks different - if the angles are different the water will reflect different things.

Noticed with firestorm something similar but eventually found out that setting a time of day was actually changing the water details and when switching to sim defeault time it would revert to normal

Set a fixed time
World -> enviroment settings
Check "custom"
Set water and sky to default and ok

Do this on both viewers and then revert back to normal time and see if there is still a difference
This happend to me after playing with the settings, but resetting only fixed the sky while water remained glassy when on fixed time

Only thing i know that worked for me

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3995 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.