Linden Purchase For Someone Directly to Their Account.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4037 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So recently I was told by a friend that they were going to transfer me a large sum of linden on secondlife for a random reason. That has nothing to do with my question. But what they told me is that they bought the linden from SL and it will take 3-5 days to get to me. I can't find anyware on the SL website the option for being able to do this, and that was 6 days ago. 

Am I being lied to, or am I just not understanding whats going on here? any help would be greatfully appretiated. Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this.

Without getting into whether you're being lied to or the reason for the offer, there are two ways to buy Lindens from Lindex. The first way is the way I've always used: either by purchasing inworld or by going to Lindex from my dashboard. Both methods use what is called a 'market order', and both give me my Lindens in seconds.

There is a second method of which I was unaware until I read this post called the 'limit order'. If you follow the link you'll see that those orders may take a few days but typically cost noticably less in RL funds than a market order. For a large sum of Lindens, that would be the preferred method, I believe. That might explain the delay.

As Dillon says, your friend might be using a Limit Buy order, to get a better rate of exchange,   This might delay the transaction,  but once the L$ are bought, your friend can transfer them immediately.

The only time LL takes time to move money from one account to another is when you're "cashing out" -- that is, if you want to transfer your US$ balance to your PayPal account.   This can take 3-5 days.   But moving L$ around should be immediate.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4037 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.