Problems with SL viewer

lightsenshi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4034 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Somewhat to my annoyance, since adding a new sound card I've had stability problems with SL.  I tend to get booted from SL, often with the blue screen of death.  I'm using an Acer graphics card (ATI Radeon HD 5400 Series) and a Sabrent sound card (Model: SBT-Sp6C), both of which are current in terms of drivers.

I'd like to note that this is the only application that I've having this issue with and SL works fine if I take the sound card out.

It sure sounds like a driver problem. There may be a conflict with the viewer and sound card. Try searching Google or Yahoo (I'm not having much luck with Bing) for "second life" and your sound card model. See if anyone anywhere is having a problem.

When asking a tech question ALWAYS include the information from the viewer's Help->About... You can copy it even before you login. Use Options in the upper right to edit existing posts and add that information. Without it we are mostly just guessing what your problem is.

I've already checked into that and unfortunately, there's nothing about it.  I guess I'l just have to live without the sound card if I want to use SL.

About>Help

Second Life 3.5.1 (274821) Apr 25 2013 15:34:10 (Second Life Release)
Release Notes

CPU: Intel® Core2 CPU          6400  @ 2.13GHz (2128.03 MHz)
Memory: 3584 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (Build 2600) compatibility mode. real ver: 6.0 (Build 2900)
Graphics Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5400 Series

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 9.00.100-121023a-148816E-ATI
OpenGL Version: 4.2.11927 Compatibility Profile Context

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8q zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.0
Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Built with MSVC version 1600

• 3 weeks later...

Until Tuesday (5-28-13) I've always been able to activate new SL Viewer updates. As of that date, I can no longer do that. It loads almost all the way then gives the following error report     SecondLIfewViewer\App_Settings\Static_index.db2     

I can't do this from within SL or at the main website of SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4034 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.