Looking for furry friends

CandiBunny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4049 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hiya!

Still getting used to this place, pretty big and finding friends, or even a place that has the friends I want to meet is really hard.  I'm have a human avi and I'm 18 yo guy, but kinda young looking and I like the furry community.  I've tried the mainstream furry clubs, but not much luck.  conversations get a few lines in and its like "oh, your human." and that is the end of it.

Is there any clubs or hangouts for people like me?

I love to talk and RP because it is ~fun~ and that is why I'm here, to have fun.

Any helps or pointers in the direction of somewhere to go would be greatly appreciated.

CandiBunny wrote:

Hiya!

Still getting used to this place, pretty big and finding friends, or even a place that has the friends I want to meet is really hard.  I'm have a human avi and I'm 18 yo guy, but kinda young looking and I like the furry community.  I've tried the mainstream furry clubs, but not much luck.  conversations get a few lines in and its like "oh, your human." and that is the end of it.

Is there any clubs or hangouts for people like me?

I love to talk and RP because it is ~fun~ and that is why I'm here, to have fun.

Any helps or pointers in the direction of somewhere to go would be greatly appreciated.

hey there...welcome to SL

My first suggestion is don't bother trying to make new friends at the clubs; they are too noisy, too crowded and sometimes very cliquish. You'll be ignored and your conversation will get lost in the waves of text flying around the place.

My second suggestion is to check the search function in your viewer for groups where furries hang out. Join the group and start a conversation there. If there's no one there, IM the moderator. See where the members like to go for fun. You should be able to meet a few new folks through there.

Good luck....and welcome again.

Hello Candi,

I'm a "part-time" furry, which means I change between a furry avatar and a more human elven avatar, depending on my mood. If you suggestions, help or just someone to chat with, feel free to IM me inworld.

And don't be upset by not well running conversations, many people in SL are shy or aren't always good in starting a flowing conversation. Its not that they don't want to talk with you, could just be that they don't know how to start one with you or that they have trouble because your avatar is different from the ones they usually deal with (if they stay mostly inside the furry community). You could try to start conversations by yourself, if nothing helps or just look for things you are interested in and find other people who share this interests.

Greetings, Syo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4049 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.