I can't import a rigged mesh ... any help?

Naiman Broome

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4009 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello , I was trying my first experiments with rigged meshes ... I know how to rig and all stuff in 3dsmax , but my problems arise when I try to import, I have downloaded the latest importexporter collada FBX 2013.2

I use 3dsmax 2011  I applied all required checks and zup ...

I export so the DAE and when I try to import it says

Missing required level of detail so the preview is empty ...

Then Error DAE parsing issue see log for detail but I dunno where to see logs , also I amusing firestorm latest version ...

the model works fine in max , is perfectly rigged etc , I even added all bones just in case ...

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

here you can download the max file to check if someone wants to understand what I might do wrong I would really appreciate thanks ....

http://www.speedyshare.com/3vYBu/rigged-mesh-test.max

Not familiar with your program but the log the error message is refering to is named SecondLife.log and (on Windows) can usually be found in

C:\Users\<YourSystemUserName>\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife\logs\SecondLife.log

This contains a verbose description of your last session, including many silent warnings and errors. It's a plain text file so any text reader can be used to open it.

I have tried to redo and now I could import , but , the problem now is that when I select in the preview the skinweights, the mesh disappear, after loading it up , I get a mesh that can't see on myself and the camera gets very far ... so what can be wrong? Units setup are set to metric and 1 = 1 cm ...

When I open the model you posted, everything is scaled in meters, so the model is huge. What are the dimensions the uploader shows you?

The model also had a lot of unweighted vertices. All vertices have to be at exactly 1.0.

What version of windows are you using? If it's XP, the log is somewhere else. It's in a hidden folder, so you need to show those.

btw, please do not model the entire inside of a t-shirt, it creates unneccecary lag for everyone and will give you a hard time weight painting.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4009 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.