Having help creating an avatar to look like yourself.

Nathanred25

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there, I'm just starting out with secound life here and just barley getting used to anything. Second life looked interesting and wantded to try it out. Would there be some sort of way for someone who's a professitional at this help creating an avatar for a person here on second life? Such as having someone do it for you -- by you showing a real life pic of yourself by email? I'm basically wasting a lot of time trying to create an avatar of myself and having quite a diffucult time with it -- when I could be out using the program. Is there some way to have this done? Would love to know, thank you. :manindifferent:

Sure anything is possible in SL pretty much.  There are people that do custom avatars, can even take a photo of you and make you a skin and shape.  But doing it that way is terrifically expensive in terms of RL money as it takes a long time and a lot of talent to do this.  Creators who sell at retail can sell multiple copies of things so make enough to compensate them for their time and talent, but custom work like this is not sellable so you will have to pay the entire cost to compensate them fairly for their time.

Alternatively, you can hire someone that specializes in avatar makeovers and have them take you shopping and get a ready made skin and hair close to your RL skin and hair then find or make the shape. You would have to go with them to get the things as they are sold copy only and you would certainly want to try it on.  However people that do this a familiar with all the stores and cut the time it takes to find the right things down considerably.  They probably will do the legwork without you and narrow the choices down then take you to try them on and select one.  It may not look like you exactly but it can be pretty close.  Search this forum under employment and unworldly search for people that do this.  Be sure to negotiate their fee up front so there are no surprises and ask to see examples of their makeovers and references.

I dont think you will get a photo image  Avi of yourself but you can come close.

I started by buying a skin I liked and edit it..eyes, nose, mouth and over time it got better, specially when you have found the right hair and clothes that suits your taste.

It takes time and patience and play around with the skin and shape and dont forget to save it once you have gotten closer, then you can adjust more and dont get stuck looking weird when you messed up :matte-motes-big-grin:

You can do it. It takes a lot of time and effort.

You need front & side profile pics, you need to spend ages & ages finding the right skin & hair.

Tweak by incrementing 2 to 3 shape variables at a time and saving the shape as Nathan v1.0, v1.1, v1.2

etc etc etc.

Takes ages but its well worth it :)

Maryanne Solo wrote:

You can do it. It takes a lot of time and effort.

You need front & side profile pics, you need to spend ages & ages finding the right skin & hair.

Tweak by incrementing 2 to 3 shape variables at a time and saving the shape as Nathan v1.0, v1.1, v1.2

etc etc etc.

Takes ages but its well worth it
:)

THIS ^^^^

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.