Depth of field

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4078 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all,

I dont know where to place this question except in the technical dep. of the forums.  I need a really good step by step tutorial on how to get that 3-d look using DOF when taking photos.

I get bits here and there about seting the enviroment and playing with graphics etc. If there is a step by step tutorial out there could someone give a link or paste in the propper settings?

Many thanks

Luvi

AFAIK DOF only works in photos when you stay on the default resolution.

So say my res is 1920x1030 but for photos I usually up it to 5760x3090. And swooosh, the DOF doesn't show anymore. :smileysurprised::smileysad:

Orca Flotta wrote:

AFAIK DOF only works in photos when you stay on the default resolution.

So say my res is 1920x1030 but for photos I usually up it to 5760x3090. And swooosh, the DOF doesn't show anymore. :smileysurprised::smileysad:

I tested with Firestorm 4.4.0.33720.  DOF works also in high resolution snapshots.  The trick to do is that you need increase the DOF quite a lot so that it will show also in the high res snapshot.  It's a bit "try and see" method as we cannot see the high res image on the viewer window.  But it does work.

By the way, SL viewer is a bit cumbersome to use with DOF as all the DOF adjustments are in the debug settings only.

In Firestorm there is that great "Phototools" window where one can adjust various DOF settings (and many other things too) on the fly.  There are many videos on youtube how to use the Firestorm Phototools.

Here's one tutorial of DOF and glow:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4078 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.