How to stop update install

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4069 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey, I might be posting this in the wrong area, but I need some help. My Second Life viewer keeps trying to make an update, but I don't like the changes. I like how simple this viewer is, and the other viewers are a bit more complicated to me. So I was wondering if there was a way to stop it from updating each time I try to get on. I keep hitting later and sometimes it updates anyway. Luckly I have a back up folder of this current form, but getting a bit tired of all the extra work I have to put in to enjoy how my game is now. Can someone please help me?

You can go to "Preferences" and turn off "Download and install updates automatically" -

BUT...

In a few weeks/months you will absolutely need to have an updated viewer - there are changes coming that won't allow the older viewer to work properly and you'll NEED to update.. I'd advise you to keep using your current viewer but to install the beta viewer along side it and experiment with the new layout. You'll get used to it eventually.

Open up the window where they're combined. When the local chat is displayed in the window click on the button with an arrow pointing up and to the right. That will open a separate window for the local chat that you can move to your bottom left corner. You can then move the window for the other chats to anywhere you like. The viewer will remember these locations. Personally I minimize this window and have it pop open only when I recieve IM's. You can keep the separate local chat window open. while your other window is minimized too. If you want to separate your IM's just click the up-right arrow for each one; personally, I used to have IM's in separate windows butI prefer keeping them in the same window but with a separate local chat window.

Unfortunately, you will soon have no choice but to update.  LL will soon be releasing server side avatar rendering which will also render any old viewers, that aren't equipped with the new code, useless.  I suggest you start getting used to it now, so it's not such a shock when this happens.

...Dres

XaioTheCat wrote:

I tried it like that for a few days, but the set up was still too different. I guess I'm just a bit picky about change.

Update now or update when Lindens flip the switch and that will be soon.

You can try a TPV but there will be updates too. Since you don't adapt to changes you probably don't want to change multiple times.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4069 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.