Auto return/Collision (Blond ^^)

Rihanna Irata

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4024 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Chau :)

Although i've been in SL for years now and been dealing with these kind of things, i've totally forgotten about them hehe

So my question is:

1.So I have this land in which ill rent out stores and cabins, so I will set the land to the group right? So once i've set it to the group I will set up auto return, but im wondering , will it return my objects(as the sim owner) if I haven't set them to the land group(or I would have rezzed them with some different group tag)?

2.Lag scares me,and I want to keep it as low as possible, I have this lantern thing that rezzes 3 paper lanterns which fly in the air, but since its indoor it bounces off the ceiling. Now I looked at the top colliders list to see what kinda of impact does it do once they hit the ceiling and it said it was 0,250 per each lantern, is that bad? Would that be a reason for lag?

Some (possibly correct) answers:

1) If you deed the land to group, you will definitely get your objects returned when you enable auto-return if your objects aren't set to the same group.

If you don't deed your land to group, I think your objects stay (as the owner of the land) but honest I can't remember for sure. All my land is group deeded to get the 10% group bonus.

2) Do you see lag being caused by physics? If so then your lanturns might be an issue. There's all sorts of reasons for lag. If you are having lag issues, you need to figure out why and what (if anything) you can do to reduce the lag. Note that some lag you cannot prevent.

If you have not deeded your land to a group then auto-return will never return objects owned by you, they will however return objects owned by anybody else even members of your group.  You can get around this by disabling auto-return (setting the value to 0 disables it entirely).  Disabling it means you will have to return any items littered in your sim if you allow object creation (build rights).

If you have deeded your land to a group then your objects must be set to the land group in order to remain un-effected by auto-return, OR you can "Deed" objects to be owned by the land group.  Deeding objects to be owned by the land group can be effective if you are worried about Officers returning them to you as you can disable the permission within group to allow them the ability to return deeded objects.

Edit -> You will still have to return prims by your group members, as auto-return will not effect them either.  Group members can set their prims to the land group.  You can prevent them from doing this in Parcel Details from your World Menu.

Edit x 2 -> There are some security risks involved with deeding objects to the land group.  Make sure you really trust your Officers or disable them from being able to set deeded objects for sale...things like that..:)  Check group permissions.

Collisions do add to lag in the sim as they have to be caluculated so they take up valuable system resources which imo we're not given enough of, so, really I mean it's up to you.  If it's a low traffic/low populated area you can do a few things that produce lag without generally effecting everybody around.  But, if it's high traffic or you have neighbors around//things of that nature, it's considered polite then to be as low lag as possible and avoid collisions as much as possible.

Good luck. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4024 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.