About updates

Spinell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4047 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been wanting to ask this for a while: many shops periodicaly do updates of current or old dresses they've had in thrie stores. Now, I don't want the costumers that have already purchased the old version to feel cheated out of their money, so I wanted to know if there's any way to eitehr send an updated version of the item to these costumers OR notify them of the new update?

Thank you very much!

If the dress had a prim part then it could have contained an update script that would automatically check when worn but i'm presuming that you haven't done that.

In that case, your choice is to go through old transactions and send.  You can either do it manually or use one of the available systems to send an object to a customer list.

Be aware though that you may still end up with someone complaining that you're spamming them.  I had that happen once, she was most upset that I was sending her an update.  She told me that she had deleted the item and ranted and ranted.  Of course, we cannot know if someone has deleted it or not.

I personally only like updates of techie type things.  I've never seen a merchant send updates of clothing to customers (which doesn't mean no one has).  What one of my favorite designers does is when she updates a dress she sends a notice to her group announcing the update and stating that the prior one is now on sale for half price.

Oh, that sounds like a good idea, Czari.

But won't the other costumers be unhappy, having to pay for a new, identical dress? I'm mainl thinking of transforming a prim dress into a mesh version. Still same dress, though.

I'm kinda afraid of having massive complaints, people thinking I'm cheating them out of their money...

Spinell wrote:

Oh, that sounds like a good idea, Czari.

But won't the other costumers be unhappy, having to pay for a new, identical dress? I'm mainl thinking of transforming a prim dress into a mesh version. Still same dress, though.

I'm kinda afraid of having massive complaints, people thinking I'm cheating them out of their money...

I can't imagine why.  They don't *have* to buy the mesh version, in fact some people, including me, don't like mesh clothes.  I will personally not buy mesh clothing,  Unfortunately, another fav designer of mine has gone all mesh and has totally lost my business. (Sent a note to her telling her why.)

If I were you, I'd advertise that there is now a choice in the item/s-regular or mesh. That could be a great selling point for someone like me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4047 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.