RESOLVED: Where Did My Groups Go ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi All,

I have an "interesting" problem. According to my profile & groups list, I don't belong to any groups

profile 1.jpg

But, when somebody else views my profile, all my groups are listed.

profile 2.jpg

Whilst this isn't a HUGE problem, it does mean i can't send notices or chat in group.

Has anybody else got this issue, or am I special ?

And if you did have it, please share how you fixed it (if you did)

Many Thanks

Sid

valerie Inshan wrote:

According to the pics you posted, you are using an old viewer, which is unsupported anymore. It's time to upgrade to the official latest one or Firestorm. What you are using now will be dead in a few weeks at the best....

sorry Val, that is probably the latest Firestorm viewer in Phoenix mode.. it just looks like Phoenix. From what i understand it's a glitch. Try a clean install.

Ok,

Tried the official viewer, same story. A friend of mine also has the same problem, so i'm reasonably sure that it's not down to a graphics card issue.

Other issues that are part of this include:

All groups saying there is nobody in them

Not able to change the music stream

Music stream not available (play audio button greyed out)

Friends list not displaying names

Unable to send IM's to friends

This list is just going to keep expanding i think.

Since it happens in all viewers, this has to be related to your internet connection. Unplug your router completely from the power. Allow a few minutes, restart your computer and plug back on your router to allow it to clear its RAM and refresh your IP. Do not use wireless but a strong Ethernet cable.

Relog to SL from a quiet location (Smith, Pooley or Furball). Type anything in your inventory search bar and wait without moving until all your items are loaded (i.e., until "fetching" is completed"). Then try to TP to your usual locations. 

Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

valerie Inshan wrote:

According to the pics you posted, you are using an old viewer, which is unsupported anymore. It's time to upgrade to the official latest one or Firestorm. What you are using now will be dead in a few weeks at the best....

sorry Val, that is probably the latest Firestorm viewer in Phoenix mode.. it just looks like Phoenix. From what i understand it's a glitch. Try a clean install.

Thanks Drake! Lol, for a moment I felt I was pulled back in time to the old 1.23 viewer! :P:D

Are you staying on the same sim while trying all of this?

If so, it's likely the sim. Try logging into a different sim at the login screen. I typically use Pooley for this purpose, but there really are a great many you could choose.

I just had this exact same problem, and it lasted a couple days. It was the sim causing the problem. When I left the sim, the problem would stick around for a few minutes, but then eventually got better(aka, went back to normal). Returning to the sim, brought the problem right back. There was a point I couldn't even tp out of the sim even. It's not the first time I've encountered the same problem. Though it does seem pretty darn random. Had others on the sim not been having the same issue, I would have thought it was on my end.

A clean install, restarting, unplugging your router, etc... won't help you one iota if the sim is acting up or needs restarted. If you can't restart the sim(if this is your home sim) you can always ask the land owner, or the lab to restart it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.