Land Impact and LOD Factor Compromise

Rya Nitely

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4029 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I never knew it was people's  goal to have as much objects rezzed for as little LI as possible. I thought setting up a sim was about making it look and perform as good and attractive as possible. Three houses without furniture filling up a homestead won't be very good then, but neither will fifty fully furnished ones that break apart at 5 meter., leaving you in a discoball for a scenery. As usual, there's a balance, that was the point of my entire post.

Regarding the polygons (and therefor LI) on any platform, you need to use them the best way possible for the situation. Problem is, in SL you don't have control over the situation, especially when the item is sold as a single piece and not part of a big scene.

By forcing demending graphical settings on your customers or visitors, you force them to invest in new hardware or they will have a crap experience. It's these people we build for afterall. If we would build just for ourselves, we could build in Blender, 3ds max or whatever local program or local simulator and use as many polygons as our own computer can handle.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4029 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.