Hi i have lost alot of expensive inventory items Please Help

stuartyboyuk Sheriffe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4083 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi i have followed all steps to try get my missing items back but they are GONE nowhere to be seen. and im talking thousands of lindens per 1 item lost example my no devil game i contacted the creator to see if they will give me a new one and no they said they wont do it so i need to take this further as this is not on..... whats thge next step for me to either get my items back or get a refund so i can pay for my items again......

3 answers to this question

Unfortunately, if you've taken all the recommended steps to recover lost inventory and it fails to return, there is nothing further to be done. Sections 10.2 and 10.3 of the TOS spell it out ... LL does not refund SL residents. http://secondlife.com/corporate/tos.php#tos10  Gone is, unfortunately gone. I know it is not pleasant, I've lost expensive things from my inventory over the years, and it really does not feel good at all, you have my sympathy.

A merchant is unlikely to refund or replace things that were lost from your inventory, if they were delivered to you.  If items were not delivered but were paid for, you should have a record in your Transaction History.  Merchants will often replace no-copy items under those circumstances, although they are not obligated to.  If a merchant does not offer a replacement, then Linden Lab may send you a replacement item if you file a support ticket with all of the relevant information about the sale.  Again, though, if the items were actually in your inventory and have since disappeared, do not expect a refund or replacement from anyone.  

Were these mostly games?  Linden Lab has a "no gambling" policy.  Some games fall under their definition of gambling, while some others do not.  Because any game of skill/chance like Zyngo and its derivatives is skirting close to the line, it's possible that Linden Lab removed them, either from in world or from your inventory.

If that's the case, you should have gotten an email about it.  Check your Spam folders, it might have gone there.

Note:  If the game is still being sold by its maker, the above is most likely not the case.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4083 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.