I got 2 items as gifts, cant find mine how can i recover them?

safire152632

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4073 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I bought 2 items as a gift and I also bought the same thing for me, my friend got her gifts but I cant recom=ver mine how can I recover the items that have been lost?  The items are 

[FPI] YY Paw-D Sold by Layla Denver  and  {VS} KidZ Easter Tail boxed Sold by Voltaire Serpente.

i have tryed going to the stores in game but cant find the objects

would be greatful for your help thank you

safire152632

4 answers to this question

Hi

First, did you check your "recieved items" folder in the bottom of your inventory ? 

If yes, and still no items there, you should contact the merchant by im or sending to this person a note card. On the note card, copy and paste from your transaction history (you can get it from your dashboard, there is a link for it on the left side of the page) the records of the transaction. you can do it also from your market place account (on the top of the MP page when you are logged, you have "My marketplace" with a lil arrow beside, if you click on the arrow, you'll see "my account", click on it and then click on "order history" on the left side of the page, you'll get the records of your purchases there too. It also say where it has been delivered etc).

If the items are copy, normally the merchant shouldnt make any pb to send it to you again. 

Give sometimes to the merchant for answering, sometimes, SL merchants cant log everyday...

• Like 2

It can sometimes take anywhere from a few minutes to a day or more for your items to be delivered. Not that it helps now, but to remember for the future:

(1) Don't overuse the shopping cart. It is easily confused if you put more than a couple of things in it. One at a time is best.  Use the Buy Now button instead of the Shopping Cart.

(2) Don't buy things from Marketplace (especially LOTS of things) unless you are in world to receive them at the time and are not in Busy status.  They may be refused automatically.

So, what do you do now? .......

To get a record of the individual items in your order, open Marketplace and click the My Marketplace menu at the top of the page. Select My Account >> Order History from the pulldown menu. If you do not receive items within about 24 hours, you should cut and paste the information about a missing item from that Order History and send it in a IM or notecard to the merchant, along with a polite message requesting redelivery. Most merchants are very kind and willing to redeliver. This happens all the time and they are aware of it. Do be patient, though. Not everyone logs in to SL every day or checks their e-mail. If you still haven't heard in another day or two, follow it up with a second polite note and finally, if you STILL haven't heard, file a support ticket at https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ , selecting Marketplace from the pulldown menu.

• Like 2

I have tried to purchase the same item for me and as a gift. The shopping cart will not allow it. You can purchase more than one of the same item if they're being delivered to the same person in one transaction but not the same item to two different people without sending one and returnin to the market and ordering another for yourself. if you didn't do this, are you sure the item for you was actually purchased? If it's not in your transaction history, then the sale didn't go through.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4073 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.