How Does Sell Access To Parcel Work?

xBum

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4052 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a small section that is open to everyone then the rest of my parcel I have sell passes to. I have Allow Group Access (none) checked on and have Sell Passes to Everyone checked on. Yet my buddy is able to walk right on in with no problem.

Does it matter high the structure is? It's set at 1000 meters off the surface. Maybe there is something on the Marketplace I can buy that does this for me?

From the wiki, there's this:

Maximum "NO ENTRY" ban line height: is for all options 80 meter. Only the option 'Banned Residents' (named) has a 5020 meter ban line high, which is visible up to a high of 800 meter above the terrain mesh.

I've never tried it with selling passes, but your results match the idea that only the explicit "blacklist" ban goes very high.

I'm very skeptical that selling parcel passes would ever work as a way to make money from a parcel. I've seen it tried for things like movie theatres and Adult play areas, but they never seem to last long with that business model.  

There are still a few "hotel" arrangements that require payment to teleport to a "room", so only those who pay (and perhaps named guests?) are added to a security whitelist for the space surrounding the room. That's not a very challenging script, so yeah, it's likely available on Marketplace somewhere.

A limitation of that approach is that there must be an object that the guest pays. A script can't collect money just by asking for it; the payer must initiate the Pay operation with the object directly. In these "hotels" the same object may collect the payment and teleport the guest to the rented space.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4052 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.