any safe ways to rent a parcel of my land to one person?

ChicByTrinity

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4032 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I divided my land and my friend wants to live in the smaller parcel, but I don't know how to sell or rent her that part of my land without losing it. And I also need to collect rental fee. Is it possible without using those rental management scripts and products? I read about selling and renting lands, but I also saw something about a possibility that I could lose my land "by accident" if I do something wrong.

Do you own it or did you sublet/buy from someone else and pay them the tier? If you do, you may not be allowed to divide/rent/resell the land, as per the covenant. 

Otherwise, you could just divide off a parcel for your friend and work out the terms between yourselves. You can always boot them off, send their stuff back and reclaim the parcel if it doesn't work out.

Create a group and deed the rental parcel to the group.  Create a tenants role in your group and give them the authorities you wish to give using the check offs you find in the Roles tab. For instance allow them to set their home to the parcel, manage media, manage access lists etc.  But not sell land or subdivide it etc.  Make your friend a member of the group in the tenants role. 

To collect rent you can either have them pay it to you directly or you can get a rent box that they pay.  Rental boxes generally send out reminders when rent is due and message you when it is overdue.  You can look on MP for rent boxes with various features and decide on the features you need and want if you decide to go this way.

While you certainly CAN deed that parcel to the group you do not need to do that. You can simply make a group with you and your friend (You need two people in a group at all times to keep the group active.) You can then set the land to the group so that your friend can rez things etc. About Land tab > General -- Set to Group.  Set the options as you like them in the OPTIONS tab of the About Land window.

You can let them do more buy checking things like modify terrain etc if you want to.  I have lived and had stores on personally owned but set to group land like this many times. There ARE advantages to deeding land to a group but there are also disadvantages, so make sure you read more on that and see which is best for you.

The only way that I can see you could lose your land would be to deed it to a group and have your friend as an owner or with enough rights so that they could sell. You DO NOT want to do this unless it is a really good (preferably real life) friend :D, your RL partner etc. 

Just sayin' :smileywink:

Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4032 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.