How do I add a picture of my avi to the forum Id box?

lokirat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4059 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

I had that problem too. I believe what worked for me was to click my name at the top of the screen here, which lets you view all your past forums posts and such? There's a box on the right that says "Images for" and your avatar name. Click "View Images for [avatar name]" and there should be a little green box that says "add images."

The forum picture to the left is called a Community Badge... 

Nalates_SLCSDims.jpg

I had to learn how to work with them to create mine. I wrote about the steps needed to create custom badges here: New SL Community Badges. I wrote this shortly after the new forum came out, 3/2011. So, some things may have been fixed or changed. But, what you need to know show be there.

Suella's tutorial was posted about the same time. Some of the images are missing now. :( The same fixes may make parts of it wrong too.

I refer to Suella's post in my article. But, I provide some additional information. For instance I thought a border on the image would be nice. Bad idea. But, I learned more about how the badge images work. I include that information.

I provide dimensions so you can shade your image to allow the standard text to show up.

Let us know if you find something has changed.

If you are enjoying SL and plan to be active, you may also want to create a wiki User Page. Mine is here: Nalates. These are handy for getting links into the web stream Bing/Google can find. All the images sizes for use in various parts of the Second Life system can be found on the LIMITS page of the wiki.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4059 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.