Setting a skybox for rent...

leGustav

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3987 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

It all depends on what the sim owner allows.  Read the covenant and then be sure to talk with him/her to be sure that you understand.  If the sim owner allows you to sublet, you will still be responsible to him/her for paying the rent, whether your sub-lessee pays you or not.  You'll also be responsible for keeping the parcel's prim count within limits, and for being sure that other covenantal rules are met.  None of that changes just because you will have another person living in your skybox. 

I'd suggest that you find some reliable way to keep track of the prim count and work out a way to collect rent  before you start advertising.    Also, if you will have rules that are more restrictive than the sim owner's rules -- no commercial activity?  no changing the parcel music stream? no rezzing prims below 1000m? -- be sure that they are clear in the sublet agreement.  You do always retain the right to eject the sub-lesee at any time, but do try to be fair up front.

In order to rez objects in the sjybox, your sub-lessee will need to belong to your land group.  Be sure that you have set it up correctly so that the abilities are appropriate.  No terraforming rights!  No rights to sell or abandon the parcel.  Etc. etc.....

• Like 3

I set up a rental skybox over my land and created a second group just for tenants (my land already had a group associated with it for me and my partner). I limited abiities in this second group so that members could only set the skybox as home and create a LM there. They are not supposed to be able to edit, take, sell or return any objects, or change music or any of the other settings for the parcel. However, when I had a friend join this second group (tenants') as a guinea pig, she was able to edit, take, and return any of the objects belonging to the original group associated with the land. The second group's settings seemed to do nothing to limit her abilities.

In such a case, does the original group override the tenants' group? Is there any way I can do this -- rent out this skybox without the tenants being able to fiddle with my stuff?

Thanks!

As far as the parcel is concerned the only group that counts is the one that the parcel is set to. You ought to be able to use the "Everyone" role in that group or create a new role called "Tenants" and then make the abilities for that role very restricted. You have full abilities as the group's owner. Your partner, in a manager role, can have the abilities to create objects and whatever else seems reasonable.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3987 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.