Does mesh furniture leave no prim count ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4043 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So i loaded my house with alot of clutter (decorations) to give it that realistic or atleast comfortable feel, I go to check my prim count and its a 0. I was suprised because i put at least 20 new things in the house. So mesh items leave no prim count ? Or is my land glitching up ? Or is it really leaving a prim count but isn't showing me.

I don't know.

Doesn't matter if it says 0. The prims are impacting the land, period. One of my biggest headaches for my rental property are tenants that think they can rez hundreds of prims because their rental box is showing 0. Rental boxes only update every couple of hours or so to reduce lag, so unless you see it in that time frame, it will almost always show 0. If you rez anything at all, just know that it does indeed impact the land no matter what any counters may be showing you. If you share resources with others, using more than your alloted share is unfair to them and can cause problems later. It is nice to think so, but glitches like that are never a good thing. It catches up to you eventually. :matte-motes-smile:

Ofcourse i'm not going to rez a hundred items, i didn't use any prims before (well that i've just kept there anyway), because the house is mostly furnished but when i did i just wondered why it wasn't going up. Felt strange for a second. I've had this land for about a week or 2. I've had other land by the same landlord, but wanted a more beach setting so i settled for this one. But its been like this since i moved in which is still want i find strange.

Sounds like a glitch I was having for awhile on my land. Some tenants would show as having hundreds of prims, yet it wasn't impacting the land, and when you actually counted their prims manually, they would have 3, 10, etc. I still get that glitch now and then. When this happens, it is impossible to rely on the prim count in the About Land window. Either count every prim manually or get a good prim counter. Even those can glitch though. I was renting a place in a role play sim for awhile and every time I checked my prim count on the rental box, it would be over 5000. My allowance was for 125 prims and I knew I was under that. I was always afraid all of my items would be returned, but they never were. The land owner never responded to me either when I informed him of what was going on. I wish someone would fix this issue.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4043 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.