Migration Nightmares

PhoebeDesmons

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4035 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, yeah one issue after another, marketplace is teeming with people with similar issues with no answers and now... THIS. 

I had a listing banned because I accidently missed de-listing one of my magic box items because there's no freaking easy way to delete these listings. You have to do it one at a time, and I need my magic box running while I convert these in chunks. And its even a pain to delete things from the magic box. UGH.

Granted it was a little item, but now I'm seriously concerned. I don't know if it's an automated system or there's human beings on the other end. All I know is that Linden labs should be EXPECTING people to be transitioning and not nail people who are trying to do AS they are asking. 

It's really frustrating. Any suggestions on how I can avoid this? Other than making sure I dont have doubles.

Tested this theory, NO it doesnt not delete the listings from your manage listings. You still have to delete them one by one. Still very concerned other products will get blocked because of this idiocracy. 

Seriously LL needs to anticipate people not only migrating their merchant outboxes but also UPDATING labeling on older products to fix them.

If you upload the product into Merchant Outbox with exactly the same name as the Magic Box counterpart, it should replace the Magic Box listing with the Direct Delivery listing, and the Magic Box listing will be in the Unassociated items list.  You can delete the item from the Magic Box.

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried to migrate ...

Now all I have is my store banner - where are all my descriptions and my photos?

Do I have to start all over again? And how do I do that?

It was all so easy and it ends in a disaster - can anyone help me?

Here or better in-world

Aruba DeCuir

I had kind of the same issue.

The transition created doublets and some items cannot be listed any more.

I asked support for help, but instead of helping me, they fined me, because of that double listing (which is not being able to be listed). So, better do not ask Linden-support.

I still have about 12% of my items unable to be listed after transition.

Support told me to write a bug report, which I did. However, for some reason you cannot vote for it, as it seems Linden Lab is keeping that jira secret - like others I filed lately about Marketplace issues.

I have an other bug report, about items listed under my account, that are not my products and I cannot unlist them. That report is more then a year old now, still unresolved.

So, better don't expect anything, but be happy that actually something is working.

i've been on this for hours, it plain doesn't work for about half the items tried no matter what you do. i have to leave the country for two weeks tomorrow & no internet access, too bad LL's insistence on nuking my perfectly functional magic boxes.

super inconsiderate LL :catmad:

totally disappointed again :catsad:

... yes ...AGAIN :catsad: (thats the usual with LL)

& unfortunately not even surprised this ended in disappointment :catindifferent:

i finally figured out a way to get it working, too many little 'gotchyas' to explain & its slow, but should be done before i leave on the redeye flight tomorrow

:catsad:

the 'merchant outbox' element is obviously very poorly tested so it very frequently becomes permantly nonresponsive with no clue it is frozen.... so one thing you have to do is reboot SL continuously to restart its scripts in their default state. touch the window as little as possible and only click directly center of 'send to marketplace' button. the internal code obviously is throwing a ton of exceptions from almost any other interactions (dragging, dropping, etc) + also silently fails after 5 minutes or less of use.

deleting all magic boxes at the start helps a lot for the mp site. scary i know but you just gotta dive in there. unfortunately there's no way around dealing with items individually or in very small groups (4-5 items MAX). all batching functions don't work.

*sighs* best of luck everybody. hopefully theres no more transitions like this to new LL shinies. my merchant avatars feel like refugees.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4035 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.